ISP password.. help.!

tammy27

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
hi, im trying to fix my MS office outlook so that i can send/receive emails.. it is asking for an "internet service provider" (isp) password and i have no idea where to find it.. pls dont consider "calling someone: an option cause that is soo not possible.. thanks so much!

That isn't part of the e-mail account setup - that only wants your e-mail password. Is this happening when Outlook tries to connect? If so go back into Tools>Accounts and edit the account you set up and click More Settings then Connection and tick as appropriate - usually LAN or same as IE. That should stop it looking for a dial-up to ISP account to connect.

tammy27

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
hi.. whenever i try to configure my e-mail server settings, i only get the "establish network connection" and "search for (my e-mail add) server settings" right... the "log on to server and send a test e-mail message" is always a failure... im sure my e-mail and password matches, but i still get this problem.. :(

It needs the specific information. In username, you need to add @whatever.com - the ISP details, for example and also any settings that ISP requires - port numbers, etc.

Post the name of ISP and someone will be able to help but don't give any personal details out on here. If necessary, take your ISP name and run a Google sear for that name and pop settings. A page will appear that guides you through the setup for your specific ISP.

Post the name of your ISP back here and someone will be able to help. Don't give any personal information and we can't help with passwords, etc. - those have to come from the ISP so you may need to telephone their help line for that information.

Your ISP is whoever you are paying for internet service. If you contact them they can help you out with the rest of it. If you are using yahoo or something, then they can help you with your username/password. If you have no idea what you were using, there is no way to get this working again, you'll have to setup a new email account somewhere.