Directx 10 and pixel shaders.

natanav

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Hi, I read the pixel shaders stickey and Im hungry for more information - as I noticed it was rather an old topic (2003) and DX10 was'nt discussed about' since it did'nt acctually exist back then. Just wondering can anyone feed my hunger for knowledge?
Any information will be recieved happily (forgot the saying. :ange: )

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

Yes, Google is your friend. I doubt many folks on the Tom's forums really understand the differences between the different Direct3D versions, myself included.

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006

Then wiki directx. It will then give you a compound break down of directx, from inception till now. And right at the bottom links to other places whom carry more or similar information.

Heck, you can even get creative and google "directx history", "directx 10 information" etc.

Simple1

Simple2

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
^lol, so reading a couple of Wikipedia articles and their sources will make me an expert on DirectX? People go to school for a long time to understand these things you know...

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Wow. You figured that one out all by yourself?

The opening post, keep up with me please, asked for info, not an education. Like most savy people, you'd start somewhere with basics and then proceed till you realize that however interesting it was initially, the people who do go to University (not school) are the ones that really care about it. If it really does interest you, then go study it.

And once you get your mind around the above, then can you read the whole thread again and point out to me please where I said that this was the holy grail of directx information?

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

Whoa, I didn't mean to upset you. I was just pointing out that reading a bunch of internet articles isn't going to be enough to really understand Direct3D. The OP seems to be asking for some in depth stuff; I'm sure he can find it on the 'net, but the odds of him really understanding it are slim. I've read all the wackypedia stuff + many PDFs detailing the intricacies of the different DX versions and I fully admit that 40% of it goes over my head and another 40% goes way over my head. Not saying it was a waste of time, the 20% I did grasp was interesting and good to know, but I'm not fooling myself into thinking I know what I'm talking about.

@natanac (if you're still around): Check out beyond3d.com, there's a lot of good stuff there, especially on the forums :)