Qualia 006 video delay

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 23, 2005 1:22:20 AM

I have a new Qualia 006. The video is about 100mS behind
the audio. I guessing, but it is very noticeable. I am
driving it with a Dish 942 HDMI output. I tried component
as well, the same. Tonight I connected a NTSC set to the
RF out. It is not out of sync and the sound from the NTSC
set is identical (in time) to the sound from my surround
processor. You can see the scene change on the Sony just
after scene changes from the NTSC set. Anyone seen or
heard of this with Sony before?

Thanks,
-
Robert

More about : qualia 006 video delay

Anonymous
September 23, 2005 9:02:24 AM

"rz" <rz@inv.invalid> wrote in message
> I have a new Qualia 006. The video is about 100mS behind
> the audio. I guessing, but it is very noticeable. I am
> driving it with a Dish 942 HDMI output. I tried component
> as well, the same. Tonight I connected a NTSC set to the
> RF out. It is not out of sync and the sound from the NTSC
> set is identical (in time) to the sound from my surround
> processor. You can see the scene change on the Sony just
> after scene changes from the NTSC set. Anyone seen or
> heard of this with Sony before?
>
> Thanks,
> -
> Robert

My 942 does this once in a while, but not all channels all the time. I'm
feeding an xbr960 hdmi. It's the 942 and not the set. I hope this doesn't
continue for long.Perhaps they will do a firmware upgrade to the 942. I have
not complained to
DISH yet as it has not bothered me enough times, as it works ok on most of
the stuff I watch,Adysthemic
September 23, 2005 12:43:49 PM

"rz" <rz@inv.invalid> wrote in message
>I have a new Qualia 006. The video is about 100mS behind
> the audio. I guessing, but it is very noticeable. I am
> driving it with a Dish 942 HDMI output. I tried component
> as well, the same. Tonight I connected a NTSC set to the
> RF out. It is not out of sync and the sound from the NTSC
> set is identical (in time) to the sound from my surround
> processor. You can see the scene change on the Sony just
> after scene changes from the NTSC set. Anyone seen or
> heard of this with Sony before?
>
> Thanks,
> -
> Robert

I've also noticed this with my 942. It's feeding a JVC D-ila projector.
I can change the delay in my Lexicon processor, but as noted the delay is
unpredictable on
which channels/programs it will occur.

Anyway, have you seen this forum all about the 942 and other Dish STBs.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=19
Related resources
September 23, 2005 12:43:50 PM

"David" <davey@home.net> wrote in message
> "rz" <rz@inv.invalid> wrote in message
>>I have a new Qualia 006. The video is about 100mS behind
>> the audio. I guessing, but it is very noticeable. I am
>> driving it with a Dish 942 HDMI output. I tried component
>> as well, the same. Tonight I connected a NTSC set to the
>> RF out. It is not out of sync and the sound from the NTSC
>> set is identical (in time) to the sound from my surround
>> processor. You can see the scene change on the Sony just
>> after scene changes from the NTSC set. Anyone seen or
>> heard of this with Sony before?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -
>> Robert
>>

> I've also noticed this with my 942. It's feeding a JVC D-ila projector.
> I can change the delay in my Lexicon processor, but as noted the delay is
> unpredictable on
> which channels/programs it will occur.
>
> Anyway, have you seen this forum all about the 942 and other Dish STBs.
>
> http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=19
What range of delays to you require to get it in sync? It seems that every
station has some delay, perhaps 100mS or so. I recorded Allison Krauss on
Rave, it seemed much longer. It's extremely annoying with live concerts.
September 23, 2005 12:43:50 PM

"David" <davey@home.net> wrote in message
> "rz" <rz@inv.invalid> wrote in message
>>I have a new Qualia 006. The video is about 100mS behind
>> the audio. I guessing, but it is very noticeable. I am
>> driving it with a Dish 942 HDMI output. I tried component
>> as well, the same. Tonight I connected a NTSC set to the
>> RF out. It is not out of sync and the sound from the NTSC
>> set is identical (in time) to the sound from my surround
>> processor. You can see the scene change on the Sony just
>> after scene changes from the NTSC set. Anyone seen or
>> heard of this with Sony before?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -
>> Robert
>>

> I've also noticed this with my 942. It's feeding a JVC D-ila projector.
> I can change the delay in my Lexicon processor, but as noted the delay is
> unpredictable on
> which channels/programs it will occur.
>
> Anyway, have you seen this forum all about the 942 and other Dish STBs.
>
> http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=19
While HD broadcasts have delay problems, the Qualia 006 has additional delay
as well. Here's how I know:

I have a 921 on another TV that shows no delay. I connected it to the Sony,
same 100-150mS delay, on all stations.

I have a call in to Sony, it's been escalated to engineering, we'll see...

-
Robert
September 23, 2005 8:08:36 PM

<r> wrote in message news:11j87i0l23shr82@news.supernews.com...

> "David" <davey@home.net> wrote in message
>> "rz" <rz@inv.invalid> wrote in message
>>>I have a new Qualia 006. The video is about 100mS behind
>>> the audio. I guessing, but it is very noticeable. I am
>>> driving it with a Dish 942 HDMI output. I tried component
>>> as well, the same. Tonight I connected a NTSC set to the
>>> RF out. It is not out of sync and the sound from the NTSC
>>> set is identical (in time) to the sound from my surround
>>> processor. You can see the scene change on the Sony just
>>> after scene changes from the NTSC set. Anyone seen or
>>> heard of this with Sony before?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -
>>> Robert
>>>

>> I've also noticed this with my 942. It's feeding a JVC D-ila projector.
>> I can change the delay in my Lexicon processor, but as noted the delay is
>> unpredictable on
>> which channels/programs it will occur.
>>
>> Anyway, have you seen this forum all about the 942 and other Dish STBs.
>>
>> http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=19
> While HD broadcasts have delay problems, the Qualia 006 has additional
> delay
> as well. Here's how I know:
>
> I have a 921 on another TV that shows no delay. I connected it to the
> Sony,
> same 100-150mS delay, on all stations.
>
> I have a call in to Sony, it's been escalated to engineering, we'll see...
>
> -
> Robert

How does it feel being a beta tester?

Richard.

September 24, 2005 1:59:59 AM

"Richard" <rfeirste at nycap.rr.com> wrote in message

> <r> wrote in message news:11j87i0l23shr82@news.supernews.com...
>>
>> "David" <davey@home.net> wrote in message
>>> "rz" <rz@inv.invalid> wrote in message

>>> I've also noticed this with my 942. It's feeding a JVC D-ila projector.
>>> I can change the delay in my Lexicon processor, but as noted the delay
>>> is unpredictable on
>>> which channels/programs it will occur.
>>>
>>> Anyway, have you seen this forum all about the 942 and other Dish STBs.
>>>
>>> http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=19
>> While HD broadcasts have delay problems, the Qualia 006 has additional
>> delay
>> as well. Here's how I know:
>>
>> I have a 921 on another TV that shows no delay. I connected it to the
>> Sony,
>> same 100-150mS delay, on all stations.
>>
>> I have a call in to Sony, it's been escalated to engineering, we'll
>> see...
>>
>> -
>> Robert
>
> How does it feel being a beta tester?
>
> Richard.

Sony told me to "turn direct mode off". It's a huge improvement. Still
some
delay, but not very noticeable.
-
Robert
September 24, 2005 4:44:56 PM

I think we now know why the rest of the line of these otherwise wonderful
sets have been delayed until early winter.

Richard.
Anonymous
September 24, 2005 8:23:33 PM

> Sony told me to "turn direct mode off". It's a huge improvement. Still
> some
> delay, but not very noticeable.
> -
> Robert
I meant: Sony told me to "turn direct mode on".

System is here: (under construction)
http://stampededrive.net/Theater.htm
!