Noctua NH-U12P Good?

nowenstein

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Im planning on buying the Noctua NH-U12P with 2 fans onI7 gaming pc im just going to overclock to 3.4
just wondering have herd that ppl are having trouble adjusting the fan speeds cos of the 3 pin connectors does anybody have this cooler and can tell me if there are any oher probs and yes will it fit in my antec 900II
i dont have a side panel fan

Lavarin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
What's the issue with the 3-pin connector exactly? And perhaps you can see if the fan fits or not by comparing the width of the case width the fan height + some allowance.

Klon0pin

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I love the cooler. It dropped my i7 temps on Prime 95 Torture Test from 100c and crashing in 30 seconds with the stock cooler to 60c stable for 8 hours.

This thing is QUIET. The fans aren't pwm fans so they spin at a constant speed 1300 rpm I think. Two connectors with resistors were included with mine that let you lower the fan rpms, but I don't use them.

I also only use 1 fan in a push configuration.

Unless you are considering watercooling do yourself a favor and buy this cooler or a Thermalright True, and don't waste time and money on half ass coolers that are no better than stock.