8.7 DRIVERS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!!

Heres the million $ question: What happens if benchmarks don't go up? Just wondering, how most everyone has been stating the drivers will increase preformance...

Let's see who gets dissapointed, shall we? :D

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Doesn't even work right for the 3850 HD 512MB 512Bit AGP video card.
Trying to do it to my other system and it work on the PCI version but not
the AGP version

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

already read the notes but it's not saying anything about the driver compatiable for AGP

Why?
This isn't HD4K specific, so this thread is fine for either really. The other thread can be a place for those specific to HD4Ks, but that's far from everyone interested in the new release as the posts prior to yours even show. I think making the announcement place a place for gathering comments to makes it easy for everyone rather than 5 threads on the drivers.

Sounds like you've got an axe to grind. :heink:

Only someone out of touch with the industry would think that the first driver after launch would offer the most major boosts, it was probably still being built days/weeks before the hardware hit the market. Usually for both companies the significant driver changes are the 3rd or 4th driver releases when developer and customer feedback have given them time to optimize the drivers.

Short term the first launch is usually about getting Betas and hotfixes WHQL status.

Just making fun of the fanboys who keep claiming that the drivers will improve preformance (enter random percentage number here) and telling people to buy the card based on that.

The preformance is the point of this thread, is it not? Already, we have people waiting for the benchmarks, which will 99.9% prove, that there will be no noticible increases whatsoever.

rafer

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008

Fair point. I just thought it'd be easier for anyone in the future searching the forums for 48xx benchmarks.

How does this change that situation? You've still got that likely benefit, just like every previous new generation from the R300 to the G80, you show me someone who posted that this benefit would arrive in the first driver release. Most of those first releases are about bug fixes and stability not major changes in performance unless they were in the works from way back.
It's like the DX10.1 or CUDA/CTM factor, all things being equal it's simply an additional feature is worth considering, but it needs to be taken in light of what it means to the current and future value of the user.

Thats not all. Some (if not all) mobo vendors don't have the 780G on their website anymore either. I wounder if something more is going on that they are not telling us.

CONSPIRACY!!!!

As for the performance boost, I would expect of all things the 8.7 to fix more compatability issues first. Then the performance enhancements would come within the next 2-3 driver issues. But I would hope they would focus on compatability as there are some games not liking the new HD4K series yet.

Yeah that's weird, they have the Crossfire Xpress 3200, but no HD3200 or HD3100.
It's still listed in their AMD section as a part under the HD3200/3100, but not in the ATi driver section for either XP or Vista.

gurre

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Anyone who knows why I don't have the option ATI Overdrive on my CCC, in this version? I have Win XP x32 and a HIS HD 4870