8.7 DRIVERS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!!

28 answers Last reply
More about drivers available
  1. about time
  2. Finally!!!! :bounce:
  3. Nicceeeee...

    Intergrated fan control included with this yet?
  4. happy skittle!
  5. Benchmarks ho!
  6. Wootz! benchmarks!! here we go.
  7. Heres the million $ question: What happens if benchmarks don't go up? Just wondering, how most everyone has been stating the drivers will increase preformance...

    Let's see who gets dissapointed, shall we? :D
  8. Doesn't even work right for the 3850 HD 512MB 512Bit AGP video card.
    Trying to do it to my other system and it work on the PCI version but not
    the AGP version
  9. ATI's official drivers have never done the 3850 AGP right, or so I heard.
  10. Well.. unfortunately the 8.7's don't seem to fix the fan speed issue.. at least not at idle..
  11. Funny, you try and find out what the fixes are and you get a "file can't be found". I'd like to know what I'm downloading and "fixing" if anything.
  12. mathiasschnell said:
    ATI's official drivers have never done the 3850 AGP right, or so I heard.

    Not true because I have the 8.6 version for the AGP

    here is a link to it

    http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=31542

    There is a hotfix link in green you need to click on to get the 8.6 driver for AGP
  13. mathiasschnell said:



    already read the notes but it's not saying anything about the driver compatiable for AGP
  14. New topic so that way we have a central place for 8.7 benchmarks: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253082-33-share-4850-4870-benchmarks-drivers
  15. rafer said:
    New topic so that way we have a central place for 8.7 benchmarks...


    Why?
    This isn't HD4K specific, so this thread is fine for either really. The other thread can be a place for those specific to HD4Ks, but that's far from everyone interested in the new release as the posts prior to yours even show. I think making the announcement place a place for gathering comments to makes it easy for everyone rather than 5 threads on the drivers.
  16. gamerk316 said:
    Heres the million $ question: What happens if benchmarks don't go up? Just wondering, how most everyone has been stating the drivers will increase preformance...

    Let's see who gets dissapointed, shall we? :D


    Sounds like you've got an axe to grind. :heink:

    Only someone out of touch with the industry would think that the first driver after launch would offer the most major boosts, it was probably still being built days/weeks before the hardware hit the market. Usually for both companies the significant driver changes are the 3rd or 4th driver releases when developer and customer feedback have given them time to optimize the drivers.

    Short term the first launch is usually about getting Betas and hotfixes WHQL status.
  17. hmmm their little selector thing no longer has the 780G option, it used to be listed as the HD 3200 (y can't thye just call it 780G...) now there is no option...
  18. TheGreatGrapeApe said:
    Sounds like you've got an axe to grind. :heink:

    Only someone out of touch with the industry would think that the first driver after launch would offer the most major boosts, it was probably still being built days/weeks before the hardware hit the market. Usually for both companies the significant driver changes are the 3rd or 4th driver releases when developer and customer feedback have given them time to optimize the drivers.

    Short term the first launch is usually about getting Betas and hotfixes WHQL status.


    Just making fun of the fanboys who keep claiming that the drivers will improve preformance (enter random percentage number here) and telling people to buy the card based on that.

    The preformance is the point of this thread, is it not? Already, we have people waiting for the benchmarks, which will 99.9% prove, that there will be no noticible increases whatsoever.
  19. TheGreatGrapeApe said:
    Why?
    This isn't HD4K specific, so this thread is fine for either really. The other thread can be a place for those specific to HD4Ks, but that's far from everyone interested in the new release as the posts prior to yours even show. I think making the announcement place a place for gathering comments to makes it easy for everyone rather than 5 threads on the drivers.



    Fair point. I just thought it'd be easier for anyone in the future searching the forums for 48xx benchmarks.
  20. gamerk316 said:
    Just making fun of the fanboys who keep claiming that the drivers will improve preformance (enter random percentage number here) and telling people to buy the card based on that.


    How does this change that situation? You've still got that likely benefit, just like every previous new generation from the R300 to the G80, you show me someone who posted that this benefit would arrive in the first driver release. Most of those first releases are about bug fixes and stability not major changes in performance unless they were in the works from way back.
    It's like the DX10.1 or CUDA/CTM factor, all things being equal it's simply an additional feature is worth considering, but it needs to be taken in light of what it means to the current and future value of the user.
  21. weilin said:
    hmmm their little selector thing no longer has the 780G option, it used to be listed as the HD 3200 (y can't thye just call it 780G...) now there is no option...


    Thats not all. Some (if not all) mobo vendors don't have the 780G on their website anymore either. I wounder if something more is going on that they are not telling us.

    CONSPIRACY!!!!

    As for the performance boost, I would expect of all things the 8.7 to fix more compatability issues first. Then the performance enhancements would come within the next 2-3 driver issues. But I would hope they would focus on compatability as there are some games not liking the new HD4K series yet.
  22. weilin said:
    hmmm their little selector thing no longer has the 780G option, it used to be listed as the HD 3200 (y can't thye just call it 780G...) now there is no option...


    Yeah that's weird, they have the Crossfire Xpress 3200, but no HD3200 or HD3100.
    It's still listed in their AMD section as a part under the HD3200/3100, but not in the ATi driver section for either XP or Vista.
  23. Anyone who knows why I don't have the option ATI Overdrive on my CCC, in this version? I have Win XP x32 and a HIS HD 4870
  24. Anyone used this on a 4850 on XP yet? Just wondering before I download it tonight!
  25. TheGreatGrapeApe said:
    Yeah that's weird, they have the Crossfire Xpress 3200, but no HD3200 or HD3100.
    It's still listed in their AMD section as a part under the HD3200/3100, but not in the ATi driver section for either XP or Vista.


    I would almost wounder if its not listed under AMDs site for chipset. But I looked and found nothing.

    http://searchna.ati.com/promosearch/?sp_a=sp10039240&sp_q=780g&sp-q-1=drivers&sp_p=all&sp-x-1=col&sp_f=ISO-8859-1&x=19&y=10

    Thats a search for 780G drivers. Nuthin.

    http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149

    No 780G listed. Weird.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=780G

    And yet you can buy the mobo but not get driver support or anything. Weird.
  26. Well, just as a note, they work great on my laptop. New drivers seem nice in Ubuntu 8.04, as video playback is a bit smoother, OpenGL applications don't flash anymore, and I had no problems installing it.

    I'll be installing it on my desktop when I get home which has an HD4850 in it, running Ubuntu8.04 and Windows XP.
  27. I tried them on my Asus card last night. For some reason on reboot, the fan shot up to 100% (or some absurdly high number). Fortunately the Asus speed control still works ands got it back to a resonable speed. it was up at 70C when this happened, so maybe it entered "emergency" mode. Oh well, seem to work well enough for me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Drivers Graphics Product