After overclocking my On-board Ethernet doesnt connect anymore

Mercatorn

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
ive been playing around with overclocking , only Ram and CPU , is it possible that messing around with voltages would damage my onboard LAN ? I cant connect to the internet suddenly, but device manager says that it is operating normally, and it just times out when trying to connect to my router.

TonCharr28

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Try using another, unOCed computer with your router (like a laptop). It's possible you're only have issues with your connection and/or router.

Mercatorn

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Its not a router prob, wired works on another pc and my PS3. I unpluguged my PC from power and flipped the hard power switch on the back and left it sitting for 5 hours and just turned it back on.

Magically my NIC Ethernet works now... how odd. Maybe some motherboard setting flipped out and it got reset?

Possibly. On something like this, you should have immediately went back to stock speeds to check your ethernet port.

H2OMC

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
I just had the exact same problem. I was pretty disturbed until I read this post and tried switching off my PSU like you said as well as unplugging. after I plugged back in and switched on the power supply my ethernet was back. so I'm posting this just to say that yes! if you're having this problem read this and know that your best option is to completely disconnect your pc from power before reconnecting and booting up. also if the problem occurred due to overclocking set your speeds back to stock ASAP. before doing anything else

Latest posts