2 4molex to 1 6pin Pci-E

HiP_HoP_OwN

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Hum i know i might look really noob But.. DO i have to plug Both Molex TO use the 6 Pin Or only one??? And if i have to plug both molex can i plug them anywhere or on the same cables??? Thank you very much for answering!!!

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
HiP_HoP_OWN i beleave teh_boxzor hit it on the nail head.sense we don't know what psu your useing,we probably don't beleave you have two 6 pin on that power supply.sense I beleave your video card came with a 6 pin power connector,and also came with a y cable that has 2 molex going to a 6 pin connector,and I agree just use 2 SEPERATE RAILS molex cable that are not used already.hope this helps you out.

HiP_HoP_OwN

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
thank u very much its all the info i needed But i just readed you Major you are totally correct i don't have any 6 pin On that power supply. If understand correctly when they say a Y cable come in the box with the EVGA Geforce 8800 GT It mean theres gonna be that 2 molex to get a 6 Pin Connector (Did Not buy the card Yet) ?? Not really certain Since im not very good in english. Thanks again for answering

hesskia

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
If you want to know if it is absolutely necessary, follow the leads from the 6pin head--if they are all true to both molex connectors, you could use just one (this would be the exact scenario that woudl happen if you connected your adapter to two molex's that are on the same strand of PSU connectors). If the adapter draws power from each of the molex connectors independently (you should hook up both anyways), you should connect each molex to a different strand of outlets from your PSU to help distribute the load better.

dhirajranger

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
thanks so currently my config is 1-6 pin pcie and and 1 molex y pin

how to test whether the psu is supplying enough juice to gpu or not (btw i have 30 amp on 12 v rails and only i3 3220 )

dhirajranger

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
thanks so currently my config is 1-6 pin pcie and and 1 molex y pin

how to test whether the psu is supplying enough juice to gpu or not (btw i have 30 amp on 12 v rails and only i3 3220 )