16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

August 23, 2005 5:59:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Can someone give me an idea what the following error message means, it comes
up when I try to run PC Wizard 2005:
16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

G:\PROGRA~1\PC Wizard 2005\Data\pcwiz16.exe

t. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization.

Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Close Ignore

Any help will be appreciated.

Bruce

More about : bit dos subsystem

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 9:20:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

That program you are running is a 16 bit program, if you have 98,/Me or 2000,
that program will work. any Operating system after xp will use 32, 64 etc.
16 bit programs will no run on windows XP or any later System. Hope this
helps.

"Me2Ewe" wrote:

> Can someone give me an idea what the following error message means, it comes
> up when I try to run PC Wizard 2005:
> 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
>
> G:\PROGRA~1\PC Wizard 2005\Data\pcwiz16.exe
>
> t. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization.
>
> Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
>
> Close Ignore
>

> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Bruce

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 9:57:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Sorry Jason but that information is incorrect. Please see Dougs post above.

"jasonkruser" wrote:

> That program you are running is a 16 bit program, if you have 98,/Me or 2000,
> that program will work. any Operating system after xp will use 32, 64 etc.
> 16 bit programs will no run on windows XP or any later System. Hope this
> helps.
>
> "Me2Ewe" wrote:
>
> > Can someone give me an idea what the following error message means, it comes
> > up when I try to run PC Wizard 2005:
> > 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
> >
> > G:\PROGRA~1\PC Wizard 2005\Data\pcwiz16.exe
> >
> > t. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization.
> >
> > Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
> >
> > Close Ignore
> >

> > Any help will be appreciated.
> >
> > Bruce

August 24, 2005 12:10:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q254914
Virtual Device Driver Error Message in 16-Bit MS-DOS Subsystem

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ectjg0BqFHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Can someone give me an idea what the following error message means, it comes
> up when I try to run PC Wizard 2005:
> 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
>
> G:\PROGRA~1\PC Wizard 2005\Data\pcwiz16.exe
>
> t. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization.
>
> Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
>
> Close Ignore
>

> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Bruce

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:11:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Actually the XP version of this article is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314452
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ectjg0BqFHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Can someone give me an idea what the following error message means, it comes
> up when I try to run PC Wizard 2005:
> 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
>
> G:\PROGRA~1\PC Wizard 2005\Data\pcwiz16.exe
>
> t. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization.
>
> Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
>
> Close Ignore
>

> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Bruce

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:30:18 AM

jasonkruser wrote:

> That program you are running is a 16 bit program, if you have 98,/Me
> or 2000, that program will work. any Operating system after xp will
> use 32, 64 etc. 16 bit programs will no run on windows XP or any
> later System. Hope this helps.

Sorry, this is not at all correct. Many, perhaps even most, 16-bit programs
run just fine on Windows XP.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup