Default client for windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

lelboy

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hello,
Help,please.I've just spent over an hour with BT "support" in Mumbai, trying to configure Live Mail on a notebook with windows7 installed - complete failure and waste of time. Any suggestions as to how this might be done?
Windows 7
BT Infinity
Connected via ethernet cable.
Cheers, Les.

Solution
The easiest solution would be to download and install Mozilla Thunderbird. It's a very easy to use, extremely reliable mail client. However, if you insist on using Windows Live Mail, I'd be glad to walk you though the process.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
The easiest solution would be to download and install Mozilla Thunderbird. It's a very easy to use, extremely reliable mail client. However, if you insist on using Windows Live Mail, I'd be glad to walk you though the process.

Solution

lelboy

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

Thanks for the quick offer of help. After all that faffing about, I decided to set up my "@btinternet.com" addresses - 4 - via Bt/Yahoo. Not the best by far, but given that Win7 won't let you use Outlook Express, I suppose it'll have to do. I use OE on my desktop, and am just used to it. I've used Thunderbird before, but wasn't keen - although I've been using Firefox for years and like it a lot.
Thanks again, Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.