grotmar

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Hello, this is my first post. I would like to start out by saying that I am a complete computer noob :)

I currently own a fairly old computer with 2GB ram, two 3.4GHZ premium processors, and a Radeon 1950X graphic card.

I just bought Age of Conan, and I would like to buy some gear so that I can the run the game in fairly good graphics with at least an average of 25 FPS. Right now I run the game with minimun resolution and graphics, and I hardly ever get into the 20 FPS, it is at a constant 10-15, and this is when its not loading anything heavy. The problem is my processor, so therfore I have decided to buy a whole new motherboard with a whole new proccesor and graphic card, I can't spend more than 350€ and right now I'm looking at a PK5 Pro motherboard, with a Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual-Core Processor 3.0GHz, Socket 775. So far i'm in the 200-230 € area, and now I have to buy a video card that is compatible with this motherboard, could anyone please help me out? As I have NO idea whatsoever what runs with the board, or what to get etc.

Much appreciated.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
scrap the computer

sell it on ebay, if you low on cash buy a used one

upgrading that will result in nothing but misery - you could probably use a 8800GTS 640mb with the existing unit