Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking w/ GA-EP35-DS3L

Last response: in Motherboards
September 24, 2008 3:06:59 PM

I've been doing a lot of reading on what board to use and I've narrowed it down to the GA-P35-DS3L (I've got a Pentium D). The problem is it's not easy to find anymore since it's been replaced by the E version. I have read that there are a lot of issues about bios OC settings being held after a reboot. Has that been addressed yet? Was it all due to the DES being used and if you don't use that you'll be fine? It's hard to find anything definitive on it.

Thanks.

More about : overclocking ep35 ds3l

September 24, 2008 5:40:16 PM

Gigabyte boards are not very good OCing wise in general. They have great stability but won't push your cpu to the max. That said Pentium Ds OC best on the higher end 965p boards. If you can still find them I would recommend the P5B-Deluxe.
September 24, 2008 6:04:34 PM

scuze me, the P35 DS3L was one of the better overclocking boards! I myself have an Abit Ip35 pro and it already got my Q6600 @ 3.6 ghz.

I dont know for the pentium D though? should work fine. And overclock well.
Related resources
September 24, 2008 6:21:15 PM

faster3200 said:
Gigabyte boards are not very good OCing wise in general. They have great stability but won't push your cpu to the max. That said Pentium Ds OC best on the higher end 965p boards. If you can still find them I would recommend the P5B-Deluxe.

What are you smoking? Gigabyte boards are GREAT overclockers. Maybe you won't set a world record on them but them and ASUS are the absolute best for what most people are looking to do. Had absolutely no problem OCing my Q6600 to 3.2Ghz on my P35-DS3R. I can take it to 3.6Ghz and have done it but prefer to keep it at 3.2Ghz.

That being said, the only time I've ever had bios OC settings reset during a reboot is if my OC settings weren't stable, the board automatically reverts to a known working bios setting if what you set isn't stable.
September 24, 2008 6:59:05 PM

Guys,

You're missing the question asked in the post. Are there any issues with the GA-EP35-DS3L vs. the GA-P35-DS3L?
September 24, 2008 8:05:03 PM

ajsasr said:
Guys,

You're missing the question asked in the post. Are there any issues with the GA-EP35-DS3L vs. the GA-P35-DS3L?

Overclocking for both boards is the same. The ep35 had issues at first, but they were fixed with bios updates. Make sure you have the latest bios, F5 I think, and you should have no problems.
September 24, 2008 8:19:54 PM

Thank you!!
!