Sign in with
Your question

How can i get an excel auto dialer to work on xp

Last response: in Windows XP
November 9, 2010 7:45:48 PM

Hi guys

I've just set up a mall home office and need to do some telemarketing. I have downloaded an auto dialer excel dialer pro and operate on windows xp pro.

I have installed the program and it's identified my agere hda modem as half duplex etc so that part seems to be working and have set the .

I have a cordless digital phone and am on BT broadband.

A suspect that I may need to connect my home hub with a cable into the phone jack of my laptop for it to work.

I can't think of any other reason as to why the dial up message says 'no line'

I would appreciate your help guys/gals

Regards Pete

More about : excel auto dialer work

November 10, 2010 5:10:22 AM

pfb1 said:
Hi guys

I've just set up a mall home office and need to do some telemarketing. I have downloaded an auto dialer excel dialer pro and operate on windows xp pro.

I have installed the program and it's identified my agere hda modem as half duplex etc so that part seems to be working and have set the .

I have a cordless digital phone and am on BT broadband.

A suspect that I may need to connect my home hub with a cable into the phone jack of my laptop for it to work.

You ned to link the filter on the telephone line to the HomeHub to the MODEM input on your laptop to enable that MODEM to make telephone calls. You won't be able to dial-up through the Broadband line. If you take a cable straight form the wall socket, don't forget to filter it or noise will upset your Broadband signal.

November 10, 2010 7:58:46 AM

Many thanks Saga - much appreciated!
!