juvealert

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
Edit: -- Solved ---

Why is Everest reporting that My Cpu core#1 is 22degress celcius and Core#2 7degrees Celcius!! and Cpu 35 degrees. While Bios is reporting that the CPU is 45degrees Celcius

It cannot be. Very impossible for such low temps!!

Does Everest have issues with Xp SP3 (with integrated updates May2008 - August2008) ?

Hardware:

Athlon X2 5600+ Brisbane rev G2
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows Xp Sp3
Stock Heatsink
Akasa 455 Thermal Paste (that was the only paste available at the local shop)

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
As far as the bios being 10C warmer then in windows, that should be some what correct.

When your in the bios, the cool-n-quiet feature isn't being used, since the bios is more like a dos program. So when your in windows, it takes advantage of using cool-n-quiet feature, reducing the heat.

As for the cores, well.. people get goofy readings on the cores even on Intel CPUs. I'd go with the CPU single reading temp over the cores. I don't know much about how AMD has their thermal reading setup.

chechnyan

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
yes sure enable it
although when you are in windows you should change the power scheme inpower option located in control panel
check them all and watch you're cpu frequencies and temps changes use
cpuz

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
With cool-n-quiet its kinda of a toss up. If you run it stock, it can help keep temps down, reduce power consumption. With the CPU OC'd, I've read that its best to disable it since it may cause system freeze ups.

It seems speed step for Intel seems to be more forgiving, depending on how high OC'er go. :sweat:

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Just ditch the brisbane, its the bane of your problems:p amd runs hot, get intel now before u are stuck in the amd world forever:p

hixy

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
try either speedfan or hwmonitor, free downloads. hwmonitor is usually spot on for accuracy of your temperatures

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Heh.. actually all those programs do the same thing. They all read the same sensors. No software app is more accurate then the other. Also the polling time the software uses can cause the illusion one is off compared to the other. On the Intel side, the tjmax is what gives C2D/Q2D different readings (for the cores). Some apps offer to offset the tjmax, while other don't, like HD monitor.

One other thing, when running more the one temp app may cause the software apps to mess up sometimes.

TheAngryBeaver

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
I had issues with my brisbane reporting silly temps. After doing some reading around I found that the brisbane core sometimes gives some very funny readings. I find speedfan gives me what I need to know.

juvealert

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
hey guys thanks for the replies

Downloaded Coretemp as "chechnyan" suggested and got the same silly readings Everest reported. Although i Have ran 3DMark and xp didn't Crash and got a benchmark score of 9767 with the following options

-All test Selected
-1024x768 (at the moment i'm using an old monitor while i'm finishing of the pc)
-AA None (Due to incorrect temp readings i decided to go for light settings)
-Texture Filtering optimal

Now once i have installed all the other programs i will run 3DMark in Fulle settings and Higher resolution.

So do u think i should RMA the CPU and go for a non Brisbane CPU?

all input appriciated

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
It's normal.

Check this out:
2577764768_d3f1aeee80.jpg

Try using a discrete temp sensor...

It's hard to get a non Brisbane "new" CPU (Athlon X2 anyway)

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Apparently you didn't bother to read the link I gave you. Why don't you try reading it. It will only take about 120 seconds of your life and your question will be answered. :pfff:

juvealert

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006

I have read your link before posting the prevous post Zorg and thanks for the link

So I'm safe in keeping the CPU mentioned above ?