what is the best video card i can buy for this motherboard???

dreadcrozz

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
hi everyone... can u please help me out... im looking for a good strong video card that would fit well into this motherboard and would take great advantage of the "ATI hybrid graphics feature of the mother board"....(check video in link to hear explanation of "ATI hybrid graphics")

ECS A780GM-A Motherboard - AMD 780G, Socket AM2+, ATX, Audio, Video, HDMI, PCI Express 2.0, Gigabit LAN, USB 2.0, eSATA, RAID

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3672390

smthing that would let me play crysis with max settings.. il be w8n for your replies...

Any PCIe card will fit your Mb. If Crysis is the only game you care about... A 9800GX2 is what you are looking for. If you can wait another month, the 4870x2 will be out and should have much more power.

dreadcrozz

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
i dont thinkthat the ati hybrid graphics feature will work with nvidia graphics cards.... coz so far i know that ATi goes with ATi and Nvidia for Nvidia.... my problem is i dont know if the hybrid graphics feature of the mother board will apply to any ati radeon video card or are there special cards meant for it...

goonting

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
Cards that support hybrid graphics feature might not meet quality playable settings in most games... not much eye candy..

If you want to use the full function of hybrid graphics, you will be limited to a 3450.

If you want to increase the graphics performance of the 780G chipset, you can do so by plugging a Radeon HD2400 or Radeon HD3450 card into the PCI Express slot. All you need to do to enable the hybrid multi-GPU mode is to check the appropriate box in ATI’s driver, and you are done. AMD currently does not support any faster cards running in Hybrid Crossfire X mode.
From Tom's latest look at AMD and nVidia platforms.

If you want performance, you will not be using the integrated solution.