why doesnt my computer turn on? i think something is broke

andrew6655321

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
hey guys im having a pretty wierd problem with my computer, one day i turned it on and it just didnt do anything, kept on fiddling with it, turned it on again and it just went crazy for a few minute (all the fans and lights kinda freaked out) i immediately turned it off again and tried turning it on and it wouldnt even power on. now heres the wierd part, the day before yesterday i turned it on and it worked great, even restarted it and everything, i left it on over night and when i woke up it had restarted with an error message (a harddrive problem that i was working on) i restarted it and it just went dead again, been trying everything i can think of to get it to work but im out of ideas, i also dont know if its the psu or the motherboard at fault, if any of you have any clues, please please let me know
andrew

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
yes i agree a seems like a psu problem. i believe its on its last few breaths. do u have a spare psu or one u can borrow and try to see if it works. or u can always just go buy one and see if it works and if not then return it.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Boy, you gave tons of info on your system. I know it has a button, fans, lights, and a hard drive. It could be a MAC or a PC.

With no info, we can't do anything for you.

So yep, replace the PSU first, then the lights.