Can I use a plasma HDTV as a computer monitor?

I am thinking of buying a plasma HDTV and *occasionally* using it as a
computer display (not enough to cause burn-in.) The problem is it doesn't
have an input for a PC monitor cable, maybe that's because it's a low-end
plasma:
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/plasma_w4200hd_popup?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~lt=popup

Is there a converter I could buy for this purpose that should convert a VGA
signal from a PC to an input that will display at high resolution?
2 answers Last reply
More about plasma hdtv computer monitor

    Please disregard this post, I found my answer.

    "Adam Corolla" <nospam@nospam03550265902.com> wrote in

    > I am thinking of buying a plasma HDTV and *occasionally* using it as a
    > computer display (not enough to cause burn-in.) The problem is it
    > doesn't have an input for a PC monitor cable, maybe that's because
    > it's a low-end plasma:
    > http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/plasma_w42
    > 00hd_popup?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~lt=popup
    >
    > Is there a converter I could buy for this purpose that should convert
    > a VGA signal from a PC to an input that will display at high
    > resolution?

    Some monitors have a VGA input that you can connect direct to a PC. And
    some video cards (e.g. my Radeon 9550) have DVI out that can send an HDTV
    signal to a TV.

    --
    Dave Oldridge+
    ICQ 1800667