Can I use a plasma HDTV as a computer monitor?

Last response: in Home Theatre
a b C Monitor
September 23, 2005 10:29:44 PM

I am thinking of buying a plasma HDTV and *occasionally* using it as a
computer display (not enough to cause burn-in.) The problem is it doesn't
have an input for a PC monitor cable, maybe that's because it's a low-end
plasma:
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails...

Is there a converter I could buy for this purpose that should convert a VGA
signal from a PC to an input that will display at high resolution?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
September 23, 2005 10:31:42 PM

Please disregard this post, I found my answer.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
September 24, 2005 10:00:52 PM

"Adam Corolla" <nospam@nospam03550265902.com> wrote in

> I am thinking of buying a plasma HDTV and *occasionally* using it as a
> computer display (not enough to cause burn-in.) The problem is it
> doesn't have an input for a PC monitor cable, maybe that's because
> it's a low-end plasma:
> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails...
> 00hd_popup?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~lt=popup
>
> Is there a converter I could buy for this purpose that should convert
> a VGA signal from a PC to an input that will display at high
> resolution?

Some monitors have a VGA input that you can connect direct to a PC. And
some video cards (e.g. my Radeon 9550) have DVI out that can send an HDTV
signal to a TV.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667