lulz at my RAM

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Hello everyone, I've come to notice all the computers with the clear side panel and and blue LED lights...

It looks REALLY cool, how would I do this?

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
In the old days, to get the clear side panel and lights, one would have to mod their case.

Nowadays, you just have to buy a case that already has the "mods" done, just like level101 mentioned.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Go to Danger Den and see the all clear cases they make. The lights and all the other goodies are actually pretty cheap. Welcome to the world of Case Modding.

metrazol

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
You don't have to stop at clear side panels or lights. Throw in some hydraulics and make that case bounce like something out of Compton. It would look REALLY cool.

lulz at my RAM

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
I'll have to try that sometime. :p

But like I said, I'm a noob...

I would have NO idea how to move my motherboard etc to a new case.

Maybe when I can afford a project, I will do that. :hello:

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Another option is to go to http://www.frozencpu.com/

Depending on your case, they may have a replacement side panel from the factory with a pre-installed window (mostly Lian-Li, but there are some others).

fleakiller

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
LOL but i understand so if you like go to a plastic shop measure the side of your case panel buy a thin piece of clear plastic then buy a fan with leds and you have it :) (old style) Darn i am getting old :(

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Depending on your case (Chenming, Coolermaster, Lian-Li, Silverstone, or ThermalTake) they have options under Case Parts-OEM. But if not the window kits are usually the way to go now (many have pre-cut fan holes too). It's easier than cutting the plexi yourself (caused much swearing when it cracked on me). Installing it requires little more than a Dremel, or a Jig-Saw and drill with some time (I'm old school, so I like the Jig-Saw, it has a cleaner cut).

@Box read the previous posts before commenting please.

Those side panel window 'kits' require a jigsaw and a lot of patience, careful measurment and time to install.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/customize-pc-case,1908-10.html

Personally, I like the 'window effect'. Great way to show off your 'stuff'. Of course, some people have tighter stuff than others. :lol:

pradskirtyf0.jpg

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
@lulz

To move your hardware, or to just get an idea of how, just do search for "Do it yourself" computer building. It's the best way to just learn how build a computer system. You just have to take precautions before you start your build.

Once you build your first system or even just move your existing build to a new case (with power supply) you might become addicted to the ever fun (and sometimes expensive) "hobby" of computer system building.

LOL.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007

wow i want to tell the story of my hp way back when

first you dremel the steel door and get a window kit (its so much easier know!)

to intall the window you have install the rubber seal, the window and then the triangle locking piece of rubber to lock the window in the rubber track! its an alls day project! back in the 90's it was rad!

second you remove all the hp drive boxes and cut parts off and add fans

third- you have oc your mobo crystal - o the good all days!

you add lights, swap out the fans!

welcome to the fun!