Asus P5E Deluxe Equivalent w/ SLI?

secondsabre

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2007
Well, I'm finally building a whole new box, and decided to go as top of the line as I can. The biggest problem, as always, is finding everything that's compatible with each other. And that's almost done, aside from the always annoying task of trying to find *THE ONE* mobo, the perfect combination of features and stability in order to make everything as perfect as it can possibly get, Microsoft OS nonwithstanding.

I've been poking around a lot to try and find a great mobo, and I've been hearing a lot of positive reviews about ASUS' P5E Deluxe. Looking at the features that it supports, my heart skipped a couple beats. "This is it," I thought to myself, "the one I've been looking for. It will do everything I ever need it to do, and I'll never have to upgrade my computer again." You all know the feeling.

Until I came to the graphics support, and saw the kiss of death. CROSSFIRE X ready. I know that in the world of mobo, you have two choices. SLI, or Crossfire. I'm a big Nvidia fan, and have been since the long-gone days of the GeForce 2, and I was looking forward to doing an SLI setup. Basically, the question is:

Is there an equivalent mobo to the Asus P5E Deluxe which supports SLI, or should I just suck it up and do Crossfire?

Thanks in advance for the answers, guys!

Zenthar

Distinguished
First of all, do you really need Multi-GPU setup? If not your problem is solved.

If you do and really want to use NVidia cards, you have to go for a nForce 780i chipset (only NVidia chipserts supports SLI); EVGA makes a few good boards in the 220-250$ range.

If you are ready to go ATI, I think you don't have to bother with Crossfire motherboards, just get a 4850x2 or a 4870x2 and a good P45 board.