VTT Voltage

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Core i7 920
Domino A.L.C. Water cooler
Foxconn Renaissance Motherboard

I recently discovered how to manipulate my RAM and uncore multipliers (it was ambiguous on my mb) and have determined my max base clock ~206. I am using a base clock of 197 X19 Multiplier= 3.75 Ghz. I got to my 197/206 by adding approxamately .1 V to the vtt, which means it is running at about ~1.27 (from my memory). However, Tom's hardware's review suggested that it should have roughly 1.34 http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-core-i7,2268-3.html and another internet review I watched said 1.45 V. I recognize that it varies from chip to chip, but do you think that I'm undervolting my vtt? Is there any performance increase if I were to overvolt it (which a youtube review suggested)? Lastly, should my vtt voltage equal my v core voltage, as it does in the Tom's hardware review (My bios says v core is at 1.42, but cpuz says 1.375)? Thanks.

P.S. I'm currently in the fifth hour of prime95, but it certainly seems to be stable as of now. Let me know if you want/need to see further bios specs.

LOWS

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
i got a similar problem my vcore it's on auto and on cpu'z indicates 1.42 and the bios its on auto