Problem with my Gigabyte 1gb 9600gt graphics card

mrkang

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Hey guys was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to what is the cause of this problem:

wthJPG.jpg

Its a random occurence that happens maybe at any point while playing a game - doesnt nescessarily have to be a demanding game, and it is not a problem with over heating (i monitered temperature with riva tuner, idle core temp is 39C, with stressed conditions 59C?). Anyways im thinking it might be a problem with the driver/software BUT it might be a default in the actual hardware itself. I just want your guy's opinion on this and any possible solutions or any other way to find out what is exactly is the problem. (Sidenote - this distortion is solved by alt-tabbing back to the desktop and getting back into the game, however this leaves my computer extremely laggy and sometimes freezes when i exit the game afterwards)

My Computer Specs are:
CPU- Intel Quad Core Q9450 2.66ghz x 4
MoBo- Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6
Memory- Corsair 2gb DDR3 RAM
PSU- Antec Neopower 480W

mrkang

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
yeh i tried using older drivers tried using the latest ones... but same problem - im really disappointed about this : ( so yeh i guess i should ask for a swap in merchandise. Thanks anyways

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007

Yeah, HE'S NOT SERIOUS, PUT AWAY THE KNIFE! lol

Looks like a dead card, yeah. Talk to your manufacturer and RMA that sucker! (I was having similar problems with my old 7900GS... sent it in)