'USB Device is not recognized'

Fulcrum888

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
Hey guys,

I have a rather harmless yet very irritating problem; since short I always get the message 'USB Device is not recognized...etc.'

I'm running a dual-boot system consisting of WinXP x86 and WinVista x86, I don't get any problems in Xp. My connected USB device is only a G5 Logitech Laser mouse. I don't have any other USP ports used and the broke port is sealed off and doesn't transmit data anymore.

I'd like to have a swift response as this is very urgent to me.

Thank you in advance

It could be that Vista thinks the broken port is doing something, but that's not likely. More likely is that some strange motherboard device of yours isn't properly supported under Vista so it just gives that error since it doesn't know what to do with it. Using the device manager take a catalog of devices that show up in Xp and compare that to the devices listed in Vista to see if there are any discrepancies.

Fulcrum888

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008

Neither of your solutions worked, I don't see any difference in the Device Manager between Xp and Vista.

I installed the latest Logitech drivers for Vista and I didn't help much either.

Can you please help me further? If not, no problem. You guys already proved a great 'service' to me^^