wardog

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
hi,people so....i just bought a asus p5q mobo and an e8400 pcu processor to update my system.i already had a 8800 gt videocard and 2 gb ram corsair cmx2 6400c5 dhx and i am facing some trouble.First when i startup pc to install windows after rebboting al vents starts,no video signal the monitor remains off and if i push the start button again pc stops,restarting again windows is loading but while loading all freezez and i must reset then after few retries i finally get into windows, all works fine,install all drivers programs and then in device manager i see that both acces bus controll are missing,please advice

vichsu

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008

Hi wardog, what you were describing wasn't clear enough. May I ask what your memory part number is? What type of hard drive you have on your machine? PATA or SATA? and what is acces bus control?

I had run into similar situation last week with these parts you described. Mine was worse, the WinXP didn't install at all. Last night I just found out that it was my memory. I suspect you were having the same memory as I do --- TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX. The problem might be this memory is not in the QVL that Asus published. This indicates this memory is not yet guaranteed to run. When I got another pair of memory that is on the QVL then it all worked flawlessly. I can install WinXP, Vista without any problem. Of course if you are clean installing windows to a SATA hard drive you will need to put sata driver onto the floppy disk or USB drive (for Vista you don't have to use floppy disk) while installing your OS.

hope this helps with people having the same problem.

wardog

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
hey,quick response,yes i have sata drives 320 gb maxtor and i have TWIN cmx1024 6400 c5 dhx 5-5-5-18 from corsair,i mean 2 sticks 1 gb each.i can install windows and works well but thesse startup problems are very ...u know...and then when i check in device manager if all my driver are installed i can see there that 2 bus acces control are missing but after i give update driver they find them again,sorry for being such a noob

vichsu

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
well.. i guess you are lucky. your memory is 1GB version of the cmx6400C5DHX. Mine is 2GB version, i haven't been able to use mine so far but i will give it a last try.

Yeah, after you boot to Windows, get the Asus driver CD up and install the chipset driver, gigabit ethernet, then you are in good shape.

TRENDING THREADS