Guild benefits

What are the actual benefits to joining a guild? I'm a Master Smuggler and
Master Pistoleer with novice Rifleman and novice Medic. But my main
profession is Smuggler as I make my real money slicing on Coronet. A LOT of
people who I talk to go 'man, why aren't you guilded?' I can't think of
anything to say other than 'Why would I be?' I don't do PVP (I tried once,
and it was sort fun even though when we finally met some players we were
wiped out in seconds-- we retardedly had gone to Coronet and, well, Lagtown
ain't the best place to PVP) so beyond that I don't really see a reason to
join a guild.

If anyone's on Naritus, Imperial, and on Pacific time, lemme know what you
got. =)

Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovney

laura

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> What are the actual benefits to joining a guild? I'm a Master Smuggler and
> Master Pistoleer with novice Rifleman and novice Medic. But my main
> profession is Smuggler as I make my real money slicing on Coronet. A LOT
of
> people who I talk to go 'man, why aren't you guilded?' I can't think of
> anything to say other than 'Why would I be?' I don't do PVP (I tried once,
> and it was sort fun even though when we finally met some players we were
> wiped out in seconds-- we retardedly had gone to Coronet and, well,
Lagtown
> ain't the best place to PVP) so beyond that I don't really see a reason to
> join a guild.
>
> If anyone's on Naritus, Imperial, and on Pacific time, lemme know what you
> got. =)

> Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net

Oh booooo, you had to be Imp.

Laura

Nadiamagnus of the Magnus Clan

Humans just recently added for snacks!!

I could defect, but I have negative 2000-something Reb faction points. =)

"Laura" <lauraandpat@cox.net> wrote in message

> "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> > What are the actual benefits to joining a guild? I'm a Master Smuggler
and
> > Master Pistoleer with novice Rifleman and novice Medic. But my main
> > profession is Smuggler as I make my real money slicing on Coronet. A LOT
> of
> > people who I talk to go 'man, why aren't you guilded?' I can't think of
> > anything to say other than 'Why would I be?' I don't do PVP (I tried
once,
> > and it was sort fun even though when we finally met some players we were
> > wiped out in seconds-- we retardedly had gone to Coronet and, well,
> Lagtown
> > ain't the best place to PVP) so beyond that I don't really see a reason
> > join a guild.
> >
> > If anyone's on Naritus, Imperial, and on Pacific time, lemme know what
you
> > got. =)
> >
> > --
> >
> > --
> > Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
>

> Oh booooo, you had to be Imp.
>
> Laura
>
> Nadiamagnus of the Magnus Clan
>
> Humans just recently added for snacks!!

Stef

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

>What are the actual benefits to joining a guild?

You get company when desired, a large pool to draw for grouping,
resources that you might need but it's a pain to obtain (knowledge of
certain quests, a master DE for subcomponents, or even actual resources
like 10 units of some rare Pholoctian Gizibble Ore).

For things like a smuggler, your teammates would probably save locked
containers to give to you. This would be great for the younger smuggler.
And you can often get free training, too.

Disadvantages are having to deal with others. This is also an advantage,
but it depends on your playstyle, and the playstyle of the members.
Being asked 50x a day to fly to a planet on your own nickle to slice a
weapon can get old.

stef

--
Change your views to respect the truth, not vice-versa.

> I could defect, but I have negative 2000-something Reb faction points. =)

> Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
> In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
> protective species list,
> not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
> David Duchovney
>

> "Laura" <lauraandpat@cox.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> > > What are the actual benefits to joining a guild? I'm a Master Smuggler
> and
> > > Master Pistoleer with novice Rifleman and novice Medic. But my main
> > > profession is Smuggler as I make my real money slicing on Coronet. A
LOT
> > of
> > > people who I talk to go 'man, why aren't you guilded?' I can't think
of
> > > anything to say other than 'Why would I be?' I don't do PVP (I tried
> once,
> > > and it was sort fun even though when we finally met some players we
were
> > > wiped out in seconds-- we retardedly had gone to Coronet and, well,
> > Lagtown
> > > ain't the best place to PVP) so beyond that I don't really see a
reason
> > > join a guild.
> > >
> > > If anyone's on Naritus, Imperial, and on Pacific time, lemme know what
> you
> > > got. =)
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > --
> > > Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
> >

> > Oh booooo, you had to be Imp.
> >
> > Laura
> >
> > Nadiamagnus of the Magnus Clan
> >
> > Humans just recently added for snacks!!

hehehe, seems i'm following you from post to post Anthony.
I've been in a guild for a long time. The benefits are all listed above. A
big part of why i was able to do the Corvette 7 times and get 2 badges (no
dam AV 21 though) and why i'm gonna get deep into the black watch mine is
the guild i'm in. We've gone on a lot of hunts together, we know each
others fight style and we've all worked towards master together, including
my master smuggler. I got all the containers i needed for slice 2 from one
of my guildies (thx Awea), i got the schem for WUK from a weaponsmith
guildie (thx Angie) and a schem for an AUK from a guildie armorsmith (thx
Asiago). Oh, and when i didn't have a lot to place a factory to make crates
of smuggler supplies, a guildie lent me their lot. My factory has been
there since January.

Guilds are definately worth it in this game. So much of the game is
designed with MultiPlayer in mind, moreso now than ever. I expect JTL to be
similar, with at least squadron strength to complete some of the missions.

Erambacca / Eloise
Wookie / Smuggler / Rebels
Talon - Corellia - Tempest