maximizing a window across dual monitors

G

Hey everybody, i'm looking to you guys as my savior =)

I work at a construction office and we use a product called a digitizer. It's like a big wacom tablet with a mouse. It's used to make precise measurements on blueprints so we can bid different jobs with a perfect price. We just recently upgraded to a dual monitor system, the second monitor being a 32" lcd tv. The software that we have always used with our digitizer works in excel as an add-in. So now, I open up excel and my program..and i maximize it on my 'left' monitor, the tv. but now that the wacom tablet mouse uses "two" monitors, whenever I move the mouse to the right side of the tablet and click (to make a measurement) the mouse winds up being on the right monitor....and clicking clicks out of excel onto the desktop, so it doesn't accept the measurement. Does this make sense?

is there a way to maximize my excel spreadsheet across both monitors..or is this just not going to happen? And if not true, in vista, or with third party software, is there a way to make one "mouse" only work on one monitor instead of both? This way the right side of the wacom doesn't cause the mouse to travel to the second monitor?

Thanks a lot guys. It is a tough situation to explain, i'm sure it's harder to understand.

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
I haven't done a ton with dual monitor configs and the 2 I have are the same size so that may have an effect. The only thing I can really suggest is not maximizing excel via the corner button but just dragging the corner to resize it to fill the screens. If the monitors are different resolutions though this could not turn out as you'd want.
If its possible to set up separate mice for specific screens I'd be interested to learn about that as well.

particleman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Have you tired using the "clone desktop feature"?

This will show the excel sheet on both monitors......but will eliminate your problem

Cheers,

-PM

daft

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
i agree with particleman. but with experiance with dual monitors, size doesn't matter as long as the res is the same on each. but if you want to use the 2 screens as 2 screens and not a clone, then you can resize manually, or learn to control the mouse on you pad, its up to you