VERY VERRYYY bright monitor; cause is not monitor.

terry0412x

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Hi, I have a GT5082 and the computer's been fine. Then there's been some problems... Like how the PCI express slot broke on my motherboard, and also how now I think my motherboard may not be connecting to my monitor correctly.

The monitor looks VERY bright and I can't see ANY gray, and everything else is very bright. When I bootup my computer the first time of the day, it's okay for maybe 10 minutes, and then it goes back to FRICKEN bright. I was thinking it was the monitor; wrong. I tried it on another computer and it worked pretty fine, no problems. I tried resetting my monitor to factory settings, didn't help. I'm guessing it's my motherboard since it's been having problems.

taskforcetiny

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
I've heard of instances where a Video Card not sitting in it's slot properly can cause the connected monitor to display very bright colours. When you say that your slot is broken - do you mean the latch that holds the card in or the slot itself?
If it is just the latch, you should still be able to use the card just fine and the problem would probably be that your video card is sitting incorrectly. If your slot is broken - replace board.

Good luck

terry0412x

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I used to have an 8500GT (bad). And then my PCI express slot broke. The SLOT broke. So then now i'm using a 6100.. BAD.

taskforcetiny

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
If you can manage to scrounge together a few hundred bucks, you can get a mobo AND a GPU for pretty cheap, that might be an option for you? If not, then start saving! lol

taskforcetiny

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
If you are in Australia, then two websites I would recommend for convenience and 'fair' pricing for those items would be: www.umart.com.au and www.pccasegear.com.au

You can pick up very well built cases for under 100 bucks and a mobo to run your 8500GT for about $100-150 (or cheaper if you want to go poor quality again)