up coming techs?

godmode

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Hi guys,

I've been browsing though THG for some time and now i finally decided to join the forums :hello:. I didn't know exactly which section to put this topic so if i got it wrong, by all means, go ahead and move it.

I'm curious as to what up coming techs got you the must excited? for me, that will have to be the new Hydra Engine by Lucid: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=607.

I know its sound too good to be true but I really want it to be as good as they say it is. my dual HD3850 setup would be so awesome if it scaled linearly.

What are you guys looking forward to?

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Unfortunately i think it will be a lot time before we see anything from Lucid even if we do, and i cant see if scaling better than the already available Xfire and SLI setups but i could be wrong

Most would probably say Nehalem here, but i dont think that is where the tech world is lacking at the moment.

The 2 that i think need to improve are the storage department (prodominately access and write speeds) and software coding and optimising multi core designs, these are the 2 i believe will yield the best benefits for everyone out there.