Potential Newbie

vinCe

Hi,

Bought a copy of SWG from a local retailer but when I installed it,
got a message at subscription saying that the CD Key had already been
used (Hacked I assume??). I took it back to the store and the guy said
he'd had lot's of these returned the same.

I am about to re-order on line but I wanted to ask is this a common
problem and am I going to struggle getting an unhacked copy?

Vince

i bet its the people at the store. i bought a second disk set and its key
had been used.
"Vince" <vincentmyon@fsmail.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Bought a copy of SWG from a local retailer but when I installed it,
> got a message at subscription saying that the CD Key had already been
> used (Hacked I assume??). I took it back to the store and the guy said
> he'd had lot's of these returned the same.
>
> I am about to re-order on line but I wanted to ask is this a common
> problem and am I going to struggle getting an unhacked copy?
>
> Vince

On Thu, 27 May 2004 06:43:01 GMT, "Gilbert A Garza"
<ggarza@woh.rr.com> wrote:

>i bet its the people at the store. i bought a second disk set and its key
>had been used.
>"Vince" <vincentmyon@fsmail.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Bought a copy of SWG from a local retailer but when I installed it,
>> got a message at subscription saying that the CD Key had already been
>> used (Hacked I assume??). I took it back to the store and the guy said
>> he'd had lot's of these returned the same.
>>
>> I am about to re-order on line but I wanted to ask is this a common
>> problem and am I going to struggle getting an unhacked copy?
>>
>> Vince

Sounds like a store that takes returns..... and then tries to sell
them a second time.

Heres SOEs knoweledge base answer. best bet is to return the box to the
store and get one that is still sealed (if possible)
http://help.station.sony.com/esupport/esupport/consumer/esupport.asp?id=GUIDdd26a112%5Fafe6%5F11d8%5Fb084%5F080020fb302c&resource=&number=2&isExternal=0&nShowFacts=&nShowCause=&nShowChange=&nShowAddInfo=&activepage=statement.asp&bForceMatch=&strCurrentSymptom=&searchtype=normal&searchclass=QuickSearch&bnewsession=false&selecttype=match

"Vince" <vincentmyon@fsmail.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Bought a copy of SWG from a local retailer but when I installed it,
> got a message at subscription saying that the CD Key had already been
> used (Hacked I assume??). I took it back to the store and the guy said
> he'd had lot's of these returned the same.
>
> I am about to re-order on line but I wanted to ask is this a common
> problem and am I going to struggle getting an unhacked copy?
>
> Vince

I bought swg online from play.com and it was hacked too...

too bad to return i have to post the package back and wait 7/14 days to ship

However seems to be a common issue especially for UK copies of the game.

Return your copy to the store.

Christo wrote:
> I bought swg online from play.com and it was hacked too...
>
> too bad to return i have to post the package back and wait 7/14 days to ship
>
> However seems to be a common issue especially for UK copies of the game.
>
> Return your copy to the store.

Got mine in whsmiths the day of release on an impulse buy..worked fine :)

never been tempted to play an mmog but thought hell why not....here I am
months later, bank account lighter, enjoying every minute :p

I made the mistake of turning this game down because i didn't want to get
involved in an MMOG..
however a friend brought over FFXI and I got hooked (final fantasy 11 for
those who don't know :) and I have been asked)
Then they gave that 14 day trial and my sister a galaxy fan pushed me..
I downloaded it and now am hooked and playing two of my own characters (only
one trial one) and 1 of her characters..
What theheck happenened to me with this game?
I love FFXI.. I love the concept, game design but it's one of those "can't
see the rest of the game till you move up levels, can't wear certain outfits
etc"..
which gives you something to do always...while working to get to next level
but it's WORK.
This one.. I find wonderful because if you have enough friends and are nice
enough they front you credits. I logged onto Radiant with my sisters account
and a new character (only played this game for about a week maybe!) a Image
design/entertainer.. my first dance I got 1000 credits, then later I let
someone image design on me for about 3 or so hours while I did my stuff..
like went to the store, I even had my kids press accept for her ;) while IW
as gone. and she gave me 50000 credits. I felt bad even taking it.. cause I
know chilantra has a high economy (people have credits on that game galore)
but Radiant I have no clue about. (I may send her back some of it! or do her
favors always!:) I am also getting free hairstyles and image designing out
of it when she makes it to the top (I plan on helping her again and I am
going to tell her for fREE this time or no deal!:)
Anyway Ia m rambling but as I said I LOVE FFXI but also SWG !!! if only
there were two of me!

Chey
aka Cinnamon Toast (chilantra) , Vamp (part time, Chilantra) and Cinnamin
Toaste on Radiant!