meodowla

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
How do i O.C Phenom II X2 550..? My motherboard comes with nVidia 720a chipset... AMD Overdrive application is supported by only motherboards with AMD/ATi chipset.So i can't use it .. I'm using the CPU fan that came with the CPU package.. for efficient O.C(stable, for playing games) do i need to change it.. Also i have a spare Asus X70 CPU fan with me.. which i think is better than the fan with the Phenom II(due to the Copper pipings)... what do you think?

I assume you have the black edition of the 550. You need to overclock your CPU manually by entering the BIOS and changing the correct settings. Read the sticky and also just Google "overclock phenom" and you'll get some useful hints. I'm not sure which cooler would serve you better so you'll just have to test them out. If you really want to overclock it though I recommend a good tower cooler.

meodowla

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008

Yeah..i have BE processor.. In BIOS, there is Asus Ai Overclocking option showing Overclock to 3%, 5% and 10%. Does it help by setting voltages to Automatic..

TRENDING THREADS