Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 how to change audio jack port location

Last response: in Windows 7
September 2, 2011 5:02:45 AM

I have a Touchmate PC with two sets of audio ports (3.55mm jacks or 1/8") the front ones are not working (because they are disconnected) so i wish to use the rear ones, however, windows is set up so that the audio output (into my headphones) send information through all ports but the front mic, which is fine because i use the rear output port. My problem is that the microphone settings will only allow the microphone to be read through the front microphone port. Is there any way i can change these settings so that the microphone reads through the rear microphone port.
a c 243 $ Windows 7
September 2, 2011 2:03:54 PM

So why not just connect the front sound panel connector?
m
l
September 2, 2011 2:45:00 PM

update the audio driver,,the default windows drivers will make everything work, but won't allow customization of the jacks... don't know who made your audio chip, but its probably realtek,, just look it up on your PC's website
m
l
Related resources
September 2, 2011 6:44:22 PM

COLGeek said:
So why not just connect the front sound panel connector?

How? :/  sorry to be a noob

and also monkysweat: update the audio driver,,the default windows drivers will make everything work, but won't allow customization of the jacks... don't know who made your audio chip, but its probably realtek,, just look it up on your PC's website

i did that before and it didn't work so its solely the settings
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2011 8:38:43 PM

go to control panel under sound setting change the one you need and you will also see whitch kind is the audio card and model
m
l
!