BIOS doesn't know how to use Video cards

marekw

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Hello all, I hope someone can help me with this issue, as I'm about to pull the last 3 of my hairs out.

I've built a new system, and I'm runnin dual dvi - pci-e cards in it. No SLI, no crossfire, just 2 cards so I can use 3 monitors. From the very beginning, I can not get the video cards to work. In device mgr, both card have an exclamation mark on them and the message:

"Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update"

I have tried everything I can possibly try. I've tried setting the MPS table to ver. 1.1 and 1.4, installed the latest bios, latest mobo drivers, latest vid card drivers. Reinstalled the OS under new bios, with SP1, SP2 AND SP3, tried flashing to old bios. Took one video card out, and tried to run only one card....same thing. I am completely frustrated. This is the first time I've ever seen a system not be able to initialize a mobo.

Specs:

MSI P7N SLI Platinum mobo with nvidia nforce chipset
Intel Q6600 Quad Chip
Patriot PC2-6400 DDR2 800mhz MEMORY - 2X2GB
2 X Zotac nvidia 9500GT PCI-e vid cards
Audigy 2 Soundblaster
FireWire card
Western Digital 80gb HD SATA
Western Digital 250GB HD sata
DVD-ROM IDE
Pioneer DVR-111 burner IDE
ASUS 1612BL burner IDE

WinXP pro SP3
Latest mobo drivers
Latest Vid card drivers.

Mondoman

Splendid
How can you see anything on the screen if neither of the video cards work?

Install only a single graphics card. Start by clearing the CMOS. Then, flash the BIOS to the latest version. Then, clear the CMOS again. Then, go into the BIOS and set up your system properly. (Only) after all this, install Windows from scratch. Use the latest chipset and video card drivers. Then, see if there is a problem with the single installed video card.