Urgent Help !!

G

it's been one day since i build my rig..
I have a Sapphire HD 4870 512 graphic card.. It was working fine with zero issues..
then, i downloaded Riveturner just to moniter my gpu temps..
I tried to overclock it and set it to 800 core 1000 memory.. and that was it.. One second it was working and then without alarm the system went off and a black screen with no singal!!
I checked everything.. everything except the card i working very well. I tried booting with the intergrated graphic .. No issue!

I checked the card.. The D1601 red light is ON ! and the fan is permenantly at 100%
What is the problem?? please help me :cry:

"i downloaded Rivetuner just to moniter my gpu temps. . . . I tried to overclock it and set it to 800 core 1000 memory"

Gotta keep your stories straight, especially when you ask for an RMA later :)

What happened? Perhaps you broke it? or asked it to do something it knew better than to try, so it shut down?

have you tried running RTuner and setting it back to standard?

M_Sick

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
I was playing GTA4 with that setting for 5 min.. and then it stopped working..
When I switch on the pc.. i have no signal in monitor.. and obviously i cant go into windows in order to run the stock settings :(
Is there any chance?

sundm001

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
The D1601 - Red LED On, shows critical temperature fault.

Graphics cards are more sensitive to OC than CPU's, especially with stock heatsinks. You do have a fault that much is sure. Try running in a different slot if you have one. BTW, is there any burning odor or any evidence of over-volt?

If the LED never turns off you may have damaged the GPU.

M_Sick

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
So far.. I tried it in 3 pc and no luck!
The D1601 light is on all the time with no signal
There aren't any order or visual burning mark..
So I have damaged my GPU? :( hope not..
thanx for your reply

One alternative is that you might have three dead PCs. Gee, what're the odds of *that* ?

2nd time I'll ask: Are you able to access the card in another PC using Rtuner and unOC it?

In any case, I think you've pretty much got this problem solved.