CASE MOD - for OC'ing

nvidia3569

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I know this this is already posted in case mods but i think i may not get the answer i need there, but more so from here.

I have modded a NZXT Tempest. all flat black with chrome mb tray and cages.the original has 2 120mm intake fans in front, which are the same just painted housing black.1 120mm on side panel, which was swapped out for a 140mm.the original side pannel now resides in the rear as an exhaust.2 140mm exhaust aerocools in the top,which are not the originals and 1 92mm next to hard drive and an additional 140mm on back of cage, which is an intake. mother board tray has also been modded for cable managment. HERE ARE SOME PICS.

My question is will this added air flow screw things up with the cooling? or help it when overclocking I need it to be as cool as possible.

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1079.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

should also note that theres 2 gtx 285's, an evga 750i sli ftw mother board, 8gb corsair xms2 800mhz ddr2, corsair hx1000 psu, q6600 with xigmatek s1283/w artic silver 5 going into the case.

PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU THINK THIS WILL BE GOOD AIRFLOW OR NOT.Board and psu are on there way back from RMA and didn't want to complete the rig if i need to tear out some fans.

THANK YOU.

It seems to meet the general requirements: front in and top and back out.The only improvement that I see would be if you could somehow duct cool outside air directly into the GPU heatsinks.

nvidia3569

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
i believe the 140mm side fan (not shown in pics) would do this perfectly.I just didn't know if have extra fans on the backside of the cages would be to much.