zabathan

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
I installed an AMD Phenom X4 9850 on my Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4. According to Gigabyte's website that board will support that processor. So I installed the processor and booted up, the fans started turning and continued turning, but the screen just stayed black with no beeps or anything. I decided the processor must be faulty or something since my computer was working fine with the old processor, so I put the old one back in and RMA'd the new one to get a replacement. Upon putting the old CPU back in the computer still works fine. Today I got the replacement and installed it and I have the same problem. Is Gigabyte lying when they say my board will support the new processor, am I completely unaware of something I'm doing wrong, or am I just unlucky and getting bad processors? Any help would be appreciated before I send it back again and stick with my old processor. Thank you in advance.

Winly

Distinguished
you have to update your BIOS to be able to use your new CPU. like outlw6669 said, update your BIOS using your old CPU "well its the only way lol"

G

No,you have to update your BIOS to be able to use your new CPU
==============================================
sathish
cpu