Saving Photos as JPEG Image

I have Windows XP Home edition, my problem is when I want to save a photo off
the Internet I can only save 1 or 2 as jpeg. They start coming as Bitmap.I
clean out the temporary Internet files and I get the same result. I hope
there is an easy fix. The last time this happened I formatted my hard drive
to fix,the problem.
4 answers Last reply
More about saving photos jpeg image

    Dallasdon1 wrote:
    > I have Windows XP Home edition, my problem is when I want to save a photo off
    > the Internet I can only save 1 or 2 as jpeg. They start coming as Bitmap.I
    > clean out the temporary Internet files and I get the same result. I hope
    > there is an easy fix. The last time this happened I formatted my hard drive
    > to fix,the problem.

    There is, to the best of my knowledge, no permanent fix. Basically,
    you need to clean up your temporary Internet files. This should be done
    periodically, anyway, as part of your routine PC maintenance.

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q260650

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

    1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the General tab.
    4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format
    in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupfaq.mspx

    Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx

    More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742.aspx

    ** Resizing your Cache **
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.
    >
    > 1. Start Internet Explorer
    > 2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    > 3. Click the General tab.
    > 4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    > 5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.
    >
    > Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650
    >
    > Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978
    >
    > FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original
    > format in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupfaq.mspx
    >
    > Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx
    >
    > More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742.aspx
    >
    > ** Resizing your Cache **
    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

    --------------------

    And if you don't want to screw around with all this, try using Thunderbird
    rather than IE.

    Bill

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.
    >
    > 1. Start Internet Explorer
    > 2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    > 3. Click the General tab.
    > 4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    > 5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.
    >
    > Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650
    >
    > Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978
    >
    > FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original
    > format in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupfaq.mspx
    >
    > Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx
    >
    > More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742.aspx
    >
    > ** Resizing your Cache **
    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

    And if you don't want to have to repeatedly delete temp files, try out Firefox
    rather than IE.

    Bill

Internet Microsoft Windows XP