Latest WHQL approved driver for 4870?

Bopper

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
I want to benchmark my 4870 crossfire config and want to know what is the latest possible driver/ccc I can install that is Futuremark certified.

"Reviewed and Approved AMD (ATI) Drivers
We have inspected all offical AMD (ATI) WHQL drivers through June 17th, 2008. Listed below are the latest official drivers that have been approved for 3DMark06 Build 1.1.0 usage:

Windows Vista
Radeon x3xx0, X2x00, Radeon X1x00, Radeon X8x0 and Radeon 9x00 Series:
Catalyst 8.5 Drivers"

Should I then download 8.5 first in order to be able to upload my score? I assume I can't install the 4800 series hotfix if I want to keep the drivers Futuremark certified?

Screw there certified drivers(i do not even think 8.5 supports the 4870 as per its release notes), Try the latest from the amd website, then try the hotfixed 8.6 and see whats better for you(test games and 3dmarks).

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Remember, 3dMarks do not always = better game performance. Some users have reported better performance with 8.6(hotfix) vs 8.7. I have not had time to do extensive testing. 8.7 is working fine for me.

Bopper

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Trouble is I am entering a competition at a LANparty soon and in order to submit my score I need WHQL certified drivers apparently, which according to futuremark's site is the 8.5CCC.

Unfortunately 8.5 is not 4870 aware(the card was not on the support list). I am not sure if there is even a way to make it work.

Ask whoever is in charge about that. Since the card is so new there is no futuremark approved drivers yet.