Phenom II OC

Listing your full specs would be a great place to start when asking why??? it won't boot?

As far as I know. none of us here are mind readers, but it would seriously help!

Detailed specs please, not just that you have a motherboard or memory modules, brand, model number, modules, brand, speed, kit or single purchase, you know specs?

If you click on display signature in your profile it will display your sig to the forums, I see possibly your first problem, you list 6G of Corsair Dominator, did you purchase a 6G kit = 3 x 2G modules?

And do you have all three modules running in your present setup?

If the answer to that is yes, you need to either buy an additional 2G module and run in dual channel mode again, or remove one of the 2G modules thats causing you not to be able to run in dual channel mode.

What operating system?

fonkydog

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009

RAM: 3 x 2 GB (6 GB) / DDR3 SDRAM / PC3-15000CL9 / 1866 MHz

And you're running all three modules Right?

Which actually knocks you out of dual channel memory mode, because your motherboard is a dual channel memory, M/B not Tri Channel.

Check your manual for which DDR3 memory slots run dual channel, remove one of the memory modules and only populate the primary dual channel slots, that will drop you to 4G total memory but put you back in dual channel mode.

For a solid O/C you'll need to manually set your DDR3 slot voltage and memory timings in your BIOS setup.

Now what operating system are you running?

fonkydog

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009

Vista ultimate 32 bit and 64

What cooler are you running now?

You list 49C temp if thats your load temp you're in gravy, if thats your idle temp, you'll easily exceed 62c under load when all 4 cores kick in.

Is that temp idle or load?

fonkydog

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009

Amd's own cooler

Temps
Idle with no oc 40
Load with no oc 55

Idle with oc 49 (to 3.55)
Load with oc 55-57

fonkydog

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009

i got the 500 GB and a 300 GB 32 on 500 64 on 300

From my experience Vista can be a very unforgiving operating system to trial and error OC, but seeing as how thats what you have to work with, you'll probably be better off running your O/Cing tests using the 32bit system, make sure you have solid restore points saved, because doing a Repair Reinstallation of the OP/SYS is not a viable solution in Vista as it is in WinXP, at least it hasn't been for me, resulting in my reinstalling Vista from scratch a couple of times.

fonkydog

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009

Nope you no eny wher i can buy a singel 2 gb dominater??