My computer won't turn on!

ragingazn628

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
I came back home today and my computer was off but when I tried to turn it on it won't turn on! I don't think it's the PSU because the light on the mobo is green but nothing happens when I try to turn it on. Can someone help me

mobo: asus p4p800 se
cpu 3.2ghz prescott p4 ht
vid: x800pro 256mb ati
ram: 2x512 kingston pc3200 ram

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
it sounds like a PSU issues to me, That also happen to me and found out the PSU was dead. the +12rails or something in the PSU must blow out, note that the PSU will still recivice power and light up the light on your Mobo but doesn't mean that your PSU is still good. you need to order a PSU tester to make sure.

eddn

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Seen this many times in the past pull power plug then remove the 24 pin connector from mother board then use a small paper clip inset in the grey wire connetor on power supply move it up and down slow if you have contact cleaner clean the plug then plug back in and things will be fine .

G

Edden, thank you so much for your post. After searching online forever without success, I stumbled across your post and it worked.

For those who do not know anything, the "24 pin connector" is the plug that goes from the battery to the motherboard. I just pulled it out, blew a little bit of air in the connector to clean it out, plugged it back in and it worked great.

jack_attack

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Edden, thank you so much for your post. After searching online forever without success, I stumbled across your post and it worked.

For those who do not know anything, the "24 pin connector" is the plug that goes from the battery Power Supply to the motherboard. I just pulled it out, blew a little bit of air in the connector to clean it out, plugged it back in and it worked great.