Monitor Driver Installation

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Hi, I'm a new poster and I have a simple question. I just bought a new monitor, a Samsung 770tft, and it comes with specific drivers for 2000, color calibration and some neat toys I wan tto play with. The thing is that I can't get them to install since when I open the Device Manager, there's no tree entry for monitor drivers. the Display properties window shows only "default monitor" on my graphics card (a geforce 3). I'm using the generic drivers for the card, so maybe they won't allow for anything other than the default monitor? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Michael Pokorny

NickM

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2001
Did your Samsung come with a CD?
What about running the CD (Autorun, or Setup, or Install whatever file is on the CD) from Start > Run or from Windows Explorer, or from My Computer?

Lucol

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
In Device Manager, click the View menu item, then click Show hidden devices. This will show you, among other things, the monitor device. You can click the properties of the default monitor, then go to the driver tab, and click update driver, then select display a list of....(etc), and then you can click Have Disk, and install the driver that comes with the Monitor, which is probably on a diskette.

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Sadly I tried this and it only showed Non-Plug and Play devices, and storage volumes. I heard on another board that the problem was in the graphics card's drivers, I have a Gladiac 920, and I've tried both the most recent Elsa drivers and the newest generic ones from Nvidia, neither seem to have any effect on the card's ability to recognize (or not) the monitor. Even if I unistall all the drivers and boot with the win2k standard VGA drivers I can't see the monitor. Might I need to upgrade the motherboard drivers? Thanks for responding.

TRENDING THREADS