Publish 9/10 Jedi questions answered yet?

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

I have just 2 simple questions about the next two patches, and I'm wondering
if they have been officially answered yet?

1. Will we get a 2nd character on the server if we unlock Jedi?
2. Will unlocking Jedi require us to surrender all the skills we worked for
on our current character?

-Dare

1. Your FSCS (Force Sensitive Char Slot) is a separate (new) char on same
server.

2. Your Original Char (main/current) is not effected. Jedi is only allowed
to be jedi only, no other skills.
Your main char doenst loose any skills (as it will now be quest based,
rather than holo grind based)

"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
> I have just 2 simple questions about the next two patches, and I'm
wondering
> if they have been officially answered yet?
>
> 1. Will we get a 2nd character on the server if we unlock Jedi?
> 2. Will unlocking Jedi require us to surrender all the skills we worked
for
> on our current character?
>
> -Dare

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Ya I was looking for something official from SOE. I'm hearing complete
opposite info, and everything official from SOE has been vague. Either
English is not their first language, or they are retarded.

"Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message

> -
> dargix stood up at show-n-tell, in 10bdo6mlfvrsk29@corp.supernews.com, and
> said:
>
> > 1. Your FSCS (Force Sensitive Char Slot) is a separate (new) char on
> > same server.
> >
> > 2. Your Original Char (main/current) is not effected. Jedi is only
> > allowed to be jedi only, no other skills.
> > Your main char doenst loose any skills (as it will now be quest based,
> > rather than holo grind based)
>
> From what I have read (not that it is clear, in any true meaning of the
> word), this has changed.
>
> Their wording seemed rather vague, to me. It read as if your main
character
> will become the Jedi, with the new system. When I read the FAQ's to the
> official announcement, they seemed to skirt the issue. But, overall, I
came
> away with the impression that your main character becomes force sensitive,
> and you must surrender all of your 'wordly' skills if you wish to persue
it
> entirely...or up to the point you want your character to be FS. But, I
also
> took from it that your 'second slot' is a new character. IE, you don't
keep
> your old character and start a Jedi on the new slot. Rather you sacrifice
> your old character for the Jedi and start a new one, in another slot (if
you
> so choose, I believe, was the wording).
>
> I may have read it wrong...

Here's how it will work. When you open your slot, you will be able to
create a new, second character on the same server, and the new character can
become a jedi. Your original character will be able to become a jedi also,
or you can keep him a non-jedi. So, you will be able to have two jedis on
the same server if you want.

> I think they are being vague due to how far they are from actually
> publishing the patch data. CYA, so to speak.
>
> -
> Max stood up at show-n-tell, in
> t1Qtc.29104$0X2.1002188@twister.tampabay.rr.com, and said:
>
> > Ya I was looking for something official from SOE. I'm hearing complete
> > opposite info, and everything official from SOE has been vague. Either
> > English is not their first language, or they are retarded.
> >
> > "Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> -
> >> dargix stood up at show-n-tell, in

> >> From what I have read (not that it is clear, in any true meaning of
> >> the word), this has changed.
> >>
> >> Their wording seemed rather vague, to me. It read as if your main
> >> character will become the Jedi, with the new system. When I read
> >> the FAQ's to the official announcement, they seemed to skirt the
> >> issue. But, overall, I came away with the impression that your main
> >> character becomes force sensitive, and you must surrender all of
> >> your 'wordly' skills if you wish to persue it entirely...or up to
> >> the point you want your character to be FS. But, I also took from
> >> it that your 'second slot' is a new character. IE, you don't keep
> >> your old character and start a Jedi on the new slot. Rather you
> >> sacrifice your old character for the Jedi and start a new one, in
> >> another slot (if you so choose, I believe, was the wording).
> >>
> >> I may have read it wrong...

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Ya either they just published this info or I just saw it for the first time
on the loading console.

"Dog Face" <mdeckerzNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Here's how it will work. When you open your slot, you will be able to
> create a new, second character on the same server, and the new character
can
> become a jedi. Your original character will be able to become a jedi
also,
> or you can keep him a non-jedi. So, you will be able to have two jedis on
> the same server if you want.

On Fri, 28 May 2004 23:35:53 GMT, "Max" <maximus@portvista.com> graced
us with the following words of wisdom:

>Ya I was looking for something official from SOE. I'm hearing complete
>opposite info, and everything official from SOE has been vague. Either
>English is not their first language, or they are retarded.

I know I'm behind a bit, but I thought the Jedi Archives posts on the
SWG site were pretty clear on what happens if you unlock your FSS
through the Jedi Trials, after pub 10:

1. You'll get a second character slot, and

2. It's the character that's been through the trials that gets to
become a Jedi, so if you want a secondary character as your
force-user, you're going to have to go through the trials twice. At
this point, both your chars can be Jedi, but you don't get another
character slot--max 2/server/account.

3. You'll have to drop skills for the skill points as you work up the
Jedi trees, but you can keep your other skills as you start learning.

--
Esorattar, Wookiee CH/Doc/Master Bioengineer, Valcyn
Ryashi Macher, Twi'lek Master Architect/Master Merchant/Master Artisan, Intrepid

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

ladyjack@kitty.jedimasteryoda.kat (Kittykat) wrote in

> On Fri, 28 May 2004 23:35:53 GMT, "Max" <maximus@portvista.com> graced
> us with the following words of wisdom:
>
>>Ya I was looking for something official from SOE. I'm hearing complete
>>opposite info, and everything official from SOE has been vague. Either
>>English is not their first language, or they are retarded.
>
> I know I'm behind a bit, but I thought the Jedi Archives posts on the
> SWG site were pretty clear on what happens if you unlock your FSS
> through the Jedi Trials, after pub 10:
>
> 1. You'll get a second character slot, and
>
> 2. It's the character that's been through the trials that gets to
> become a Jedi, so if you want a secondary character as your
> force-user, you're going to have to go through the trials twice. At
> this point, both your chars can be Jedi, but you don't get another
> character slot--max 2/server/account.
>
> 3. You'll have to drop skills for the skill points as you work up the
> Jedi trees, but you can keep your other skills as you start learning.

NO!

They said that players who unlocked PREVIOUSLY get to keep the seccond
slot. Others will be forced to keep their main slot for the jedi and
then have to give up all of their old skills by the time they reach Jedi
Knight. If you don't want to give up skills, you can just get force
enhancements for them and never start Jedi Training.

"Chris" <private@private.com> wrote in message

> They said that players who unlocked PREVIOUSLY get to keep the seccond
> slot. Others will be forced to keep their main slot for the jedi and
> then have to give up all of their old skills by the time they reach Jedi
> Knight. If you don't want to give up skills, you can just get force
> enhancements for them and never start Jedi Training.

No. After the update, when you unlock, you will still have the ability to
create a second character on the same server to become a jedi. You also
will have the option to pursue jedi with your original character you used to
unlock.