Mac

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

I posted this 2 times on the MCE Newsgroup but got no response! Please help
me out, I really need this to work! I'll figure it out myself, I just want
to know how to debug the problem! Thanks again!
=========================

I am having a problem accessing msntv and Reuters through Online Spotlight!
I get the following error when I click on msntv;

A runtime error has occurred,
Do you wish to debug?
LINE: 22
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.

And I get the following error when I click on Reuters;

A runtime error has occurred,
Do you wish to debug?
LINE: 29
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.

What can I do to fix it? Thank you very much.

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You can't. It is on them. In the meantime, check lines 22 and 29 and hope
they reply in a timely fashion. Good luck!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=msntv+support
--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Mac" <Saranot1976@BADhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I posted this 2 times on the MCE Newsgroup but got no response! Please
> help me out, I really need this to work! I'll figure it out myself, I just
> want to know how to debug the problem! Thanks again!
> =========================
>
> I am having a problem accessing msntv and Reuters through Online
> Spotlight!
> I get the following error when I click on msntv;
>
> A runtime error has occurred,
> Do you wish to debug?
> LINE: 22
> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>
> And I get the following error when I click on Reuters;
>
> A runtime error has occurred,
> Do you wish to debug?
> LINE: 29
> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>
> What can I do to fix it? Thank you very much.

Mac

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks Kelly and sorry for keeping you busy tonight!

Where do I check lines 22 and 29?

> You can't. It is on them. In the meantime, check lines 22 and 29 and
> hope they reply in a timely fashion. Good luck!
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=msntv+support
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Mac" <Saranot1976@BADhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I posted this 2 times on the MCE Newsgroup but got no response! Please
>> help me out, I really need this to work! I'll figure it out myself, I
>> just want to know how to debug the problem! Thanks again!
>> =========================
>>
>> I am having a problem accessing msntv and Reuters through Online
>> Spotlight!
>> I get the following error when I click on msntv;
>>
>> A runtime error has occurred,
>> Do you wish to debug?
>> LINE: 22
>> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>>
>> And I get the following error when I click on Reuters;
>>
>> A runtime error has occurred,
>> Do you wish to debug?
>> LINE: 29
>> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>>
>> What can I do to fix it? Thank you very much.

Mac

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Oh, another thing! I don't have an account with MSN TV! I am taking about
the free service that is offered within Media Center PC, Online Spotlight!

> You can't. It is on them. In the meantime, check lines 22 and 29 and
> hope they reply in a timely fashion. Good luck!
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=msntv+support
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Mac" <Saranot1976@BADhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I posted this 2 times on the MCE Newsgroup but got no response! Please
>> help me out, I really need this to work! I'll figure it out myself, I
>> just want to know how to debug the problem! Thanks again!
>> =========================
>>
>> I am having a problem accessing msntv and Reuters through Online
>> Spotlight!
>> I get the following error when I click on msntv;
>>
>> A runtime error has occurred,
>> Do you wish to debug?
>> LINE: 22
>> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>>
>> And I get the following error when I click on Reuters;
>>
>> A runtime error has occurred,
>> Do you wish to debug?
>> LINE: 29
>> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>>
>> What can I do to fix it? Thank you very much.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

The problem is in the code used to build the site you are accessing. You
cannot do anything about it, nor will debugging it help you in any way. It
needs to be corrected by the site administrator. To check the lines referred
to, right click the site and select view source. To understand what is
wrong, you will have to be able to read the code used to write the page,
otherwise it will likely be meaningless to you.

In the meantime, you can simply disable the browsers behavior of reporting
these errors to you. Go to the Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced tab

Enable (check) the line: "Disable script debugging"
Disable (uncheck) the line: "Display a notification about every script
error"

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Thanks Kelly and sorry for keeping you busy tonight!
>
> Where do I check lines 22 and 29?

>> You can't. It is on them. In the meantime, check lines 22 and 29 and
>> hope they reply in a timely fashion. Good luck!
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=msntv+support
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
>>

>> "Mac" <Saranot1976@BADhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I posted this 2 times on the MCE Newsgroup but got no response! Please
>>> help me out, I really need this to work! I'll figure it out myself, I
>>> just want to know how to debug the problem! Thanks again!
>>> =========================
>>>
>>> I am having a problem accessing msntv and Reuters through Online
>>> Spotlight!
>>> I get the following error when I click on msntv;
>>>
>>> A runtime error has occurred,
>>> Do you wish to debug?
>>> LINE: 22
>>> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>>>
>>> And I get the following error when I click on Reuters;
>>>
>>> A runtime error has occurred,
>>> Do you wish to debug?
>>> LINE: 29
>>> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>>>
>>> What can I do to fix it? Thank you very much.

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Suggestions and good luck!

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/mediacenter/evaluation/onlinespotlight.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/developer/default.mspx

--

> Oh, another thing! I don't have an account with MSN TV! I am taking about
> the free service that is offered within Media Center PC, Online Spotlight!

>> You can't. It is on them. In the meantime, check lines 22 and 29 and
>> hope they reply in a timely fashion. Good luck!
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=msntv+support
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
>>

>> "Mac" <Saranot1976@BADhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I posted this 2 times on the MCE Newsgroup but got no response! Please
>>> help me out, I really need this to work! I'll figure it out myself, I
>>> just want to know how to debug the problem! Thanks again!
>>> =========================
>>>
>>> I am having a problem accessing msntv and Reuters through Online
>>> Spotlight!
>>> I get the following error when I click on msntv;
>>>
>>> A runtime error has occurred,
>>> Do you wish to debug?
>>> LINE: 22
>>> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>>>
>>> And I get the following error when I click on Reuters;
>>>
>>> A runtime error has occurred,
>>> Do you wish to debug?
>>> LINE: 29
>>> Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.
>>>
>>> What can I do to fix it? Thank you very much.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks Kelly, I really appreciate your kindness. I went there and spent
close to 2 hours browsing and searching everything on there but nothing! I
think my PC is due for a clean install anyway. Thanks again.