Sign in with
Your question

Best Graphics Card for Dual Monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 25, 2008 9:32:08 PM

I need recommendation(s) for a good graphics card for driving two LCD monitors. I am leaning toward HP or Samsung 24" S-ISP monitors. Should have two DVI ports. Needs to be compatible with Vista64.

I have an Asus P5B with Intel E6600 and 4x1GB Corsair XMS.

Thanks in advance.
July 25, 2008 11:16:52 PM

depends what you are doing with the 2 monitors. If you are just using it for programs like office or web browsing then you should be able to find a card for much cheaper that will be able to get the job done. If you are planning on doing some gaming then the 4850 is a great choice
August 6, 2008 4:49:20 PM

Along similar lines, I'm running an ASUS P5W DH deluxe MB, and want to upgrade graphics card for dual monitor setup....
I currently have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22" monitor with a max resolution of 1680x1050. I am currently running at max resolution.
I plan on buying this same monitor as a second monitor and would like to keep both monitors at their max resolution......so i guess i want the equivalent if a 3360x1050
I see graphics card max resolutions at around 2500x1600, but i would like to maximize my resolution (Big task bars scare me :-))

Any graphics cards suggestions?
!