Terminal server manual - WDS doesn't start!

Tags:
  • MSN
  • Desktops
  • Microsoft
  • Terminal Server
  • Windows XP
August 24, 2005 8:57:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.search,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

MSN desktop search is installed properly. However, WDS cannot be executed
because every time this message pops up:

"We're sorry, but Windows Desktop Search has detected a problem with your
desktop index and cannot continue. Please reinstall MSN Search Toolbar here:
http://toolbar.msn.com
"
Its very strange because WDS is no longer a beta and must work properly with
win XP SP2

What is wrong?

---
Win XP SP2- Terminal server manual and started - IIS 5.1 - .Net Framework
1.1 - no virus, Trojan....

More about : terminal server manual wds start

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 8:57:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.search,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

It sound like either you've got a bad install or your search index file has
somehow got corrupted.
I'd take the popup's advice. Un-install, reboot your system then
re-install.

Colin Brown
MSN MVP
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:48:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.search,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

i have done that 20 times! Uninstall- reboot - reinstall...
And my package is not corrupt! I have installed the same thing inside my Win
XP SP2 running inside MS Virtual PC 2004, and it works fine!
Am i the only one having this problem?

Thanks for any help

"Colin Brown MSN MVP" <Hackersoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It sound like either you've got a bad install or your search index file
> has somehow got corrupted.
> I'd take the popup's advice. Un-install, reboot your system then
> re-install.
>
> Colin Brown
> MSN MVP

August 29, 2005 1:21:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.msn.search (More info?)

Do you have the same user logged in on more than one session? If yes, then it
is a known problem with WDS : ( I have not found any solution yet

Here's my post regarding that issue
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...

!