Terminal server manual - WDS doesn't start!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.search,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

MSN desktop search is installed properly. However, WDS cannot be executed
because every time this message pops up:

"We're sorry, but Windows Desktop Search has detected a problem with your
desktop index and cannot continue. Please reinstall MSN Search Toolbar here:
http://toolbar.msn.com
"
Its very strange because WDS is no longer a beta and must work properly with
win XP SP2

What is wrong?

---
Win XP SP2- Terminal server manual and started - IIS 5.1 - .Net Framework
1.1 - no virus, Trojan....
3 answers Last reply
More about terminal server manual doesn start
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.search,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    It sound like either you've got a bad install or your search index file has
    somehow got corrupted.
    I'd take the popup's advice. Un-install, reboot your system then
    re-install.

    Colin Brown
    MSN MVP
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.search,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    i have done that 20 times! Uninstall- reboot - reinstall...
    And my package is not corrupt! I have installed the same thing inside my Win
    XP SP2 running inside MS Virtual PC 2004, and it works fine!
    Am i the only one having this problem?

    Thanks for any help

    "Colin Brown MSN MVP" <Hackersoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > It sound like either you've got a bad install or your search index file
    > has somehow got corrupted.
    > I'd take the popup's advice. Un-install, reboot your system then
    > re-install.
    >
    > Colin Brown
    > MSN MVP

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.msn.search (More info?)

    Do you have the same user logged in on more than one session? If yes, then it
    is a known problem with WDS : ( I have not found any solution yet

    Here's my post regarding that issue
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.msn.search&tid=3d7d49c9-e320-4c61-a661-1ca239a70454&cat=en_US_49ac9bfa-b668-4a60-9b8b-682b80d05543&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1

    "herr" wrote:

    > MSN desktop search is installed properly. However, WDS cannot be executed
    > because every time this message pops up:
    >
    > "We're sorry, but Windows Desktop Search has detected a problem with your
    > desktop index and cannot continue. Please reinstall MSN Search Toolbar here:
    > http://toolbar.msn.com
    > "
    > Its very strange because WDS is no longer a beta and must work properly with
    > win XP SP2
    >
    > What is wrong?
    >

    > ---
    > Win XP SP2- Terminal server manual and started - IIS 5.1 - .Net Framework
    > 1.1 - no virus, Trojan....

MSN Desktops Microsoft Terminal Server Windows XP