iTR

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320270100411&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Found this listing on ebay. Coupled with M$ Cashback deal going on. (25% back up to $250) I would be buying this system for $890 which is including S&H. After looking at all the hardware prices on newegg, the total came up to $1002 meaning I would be saving $112. Good deal? I really want to jump on it but, I'm looking for others opinions, thanks!!

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/

(Link to the M$ Cashback deal thread)

akhilles

Splendid
There's a difference you omitted in your post. The ebay build is factory-overclocked and assembled. Overclocking costs time & money (electricity). Assembly costs money. Yup, it's a good deal if you get everything that you would if you bought from newegg. If you buy this pc from a store, :) prepare to be price gouged. I mean everything down to the stable overclock at 3.8Ghz. There are only a handful of stores that do this.

One thing that stands out is he hasn't sold anything since 12 march. Ask for more proof of the system. Like pictures of the system running with EACH BIOS screen, the pc with the same ebay page open, the pc with prime/orthos x2 running for 6 hours and cpuz showing cpu speed & mobo & ram (3 instances), all the packaging that you'll get, etc. If he can provide all these, he may be the real deal.

iTR

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
I just sent the seller a message with the details you told me to ask for. Hopefully he will be able to come up with them.

I also sent the seller a question yesterday to see if he could install vista home premium 64bit instead of the xp 64bit os he has installed.
Here's his response.

Hello and thank you for your interest in our systems!

Unfortunately our current gaming computers are still being installed with Windows XP simply due to the fact that XP is a faster operating system and will give you better performance in games compared to a system using Windows Vista.

There are, however, free add-on's for your XP operating system that can make it look like Windows Vista.

Thank you for your interest,
OCX - Overclockers Xtreme

XP is a faster operating system? True? Also, why would I want it to look like windows vista?

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Pre Vista SP1 in certain games this was true. Vista frame rates took a nosedrive compared to XP- all other factors equal.

This seems to have been corrected.

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
The price is nice, but having XP on it is sort of stupid at this point. Also im not too hot with the AC7 with a 3.8ghz OC, but im sure the processor is.

iTR

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
The seller said he would be able to provide the screenshots so we shall see...

I also found another ebay listing >>> includes 3 yr warranty and tech support. Seller has positive feedback this month and has sold pc's before with good feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OVERCLOCKED-3-8GHz-Intel-E8400-4GB-DDR2-750GB-HD4850_W0QQitemZ270253960288QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270253960288&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1309

I sent this seller a message asking for the same screenshots and pictures that akhilles told me to ask for the previous seller.

akhilles

Splendid
The most important picture is the one showing prime/orthosx2 running for 8 hours+ and 3 cpuz instances showing cpu, mobo & ram. Cuz if they can't, they probably don't have the pc or can't have the overclock stable for 8+ hours. I run my pc 24/7.

The listing above my post seems more trustworthy cuz the guy has sold one overclocked PC last month & the buyer, who has good feedback, was happy. Not only that he has sold a few laptops last month. I would buy from this guy even though he doesn't have 100% feedback. If you have been around ebay for a long while, you know you can't have 100% feedback cuz someone will have an unrealistic expectation or a misunderstanding or just neg you to get back at you. Right now the seller can't neg the buyer. So sellers will have a little more neg feedback.

iTR

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Here's the response from the second ebay listing I posted.

Our systems are not prebuilt but are built to order, so I can't provide you screenshots until after we build the PC. We guarantee the overclocking and we actually do at least 24 prime95 test on our computers in addition to other hardware tests.

Here's a list of hardware:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor OVERCLOCKED to 3.8 GHz
- ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
- GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
- OCZ OCZ2N800SR4GK 4GB KIT (2GB x 2) PC2-6400 800MHZ DDR2 Memory
- SAMSUNG 750GB HD753LJ SATAII 7200RPM 32MB Hard Drive
- Samsung SH-S223F/BEBE black 22x double layer DVD+/-rw SATA drive
- Gigabyte GV-R485-512H-B Radeon HD 4850 512MB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Video Card
- Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Ultimate Gamer Case
- Antec 500 Watt Earthwatts 80Plus Power Supply

I'm leaning towards this seller now.. especially due to the fact they offer a warranty and tech support.

Component list looks decent?