New to cooling - Easy to expand kits?

aliasxneo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
So I'm not exactly looking to OC my CPU, but rather just keep it at a stable temperature. I built my current tower about 6-7 months ago and it has been working great. However, one of the problems it has always had is running quite hot. At idle the CPU runs at about 62-65 degrees celsius, which for idle temperature is pretty sad. It can get up to 68-70 degrees celsius under load. This is of course just using a typical Intel Core 2 Duo (e800) that's not been tampered with at all. The heatsink I'm currently using is the one that came with the processor. Besides the fan on the heatsink, I have a fan in the front of the case pulling in air and one at the back pushing it out.

The motherboard I have is incredibly adapted for doing some basic OC'ing. I've always wanted to do a bit of it, but clearly with the temps I'm dealing with right now it's nowhere near ideal. So to fix this problem I've been looking into some basic water cooling kits. Mind you I've never dealt with water cooling before.

The first kit that caught my eye was the Thermaltake ProWater 850i, mostly because of the price to quality ratio. I'm not looking to run a guru system here, just something to help reduce my ridicolous room temperature.

After reading some reviews on the kit, it seems ideal for what I want. The question I have is how easy it is to expand on kits like this. I run dual GFX cards and thus they contribute a lot of heat to the tower and I would love to slap two blocks onto them to help the overall temp of the case. However, I'm not quite sure how I would go about that using a kit. I understand that the tube goes to the block which goes to the radiator and cycles again. However, if I wanted to add another 2 blocks onto the system, how would I go about doing that?

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.