My first build. Need advice and confirmation

Here are the specifications for my new build. ASUS P5N-E SLI mobo, Q6600 CPU, 4GB Corsair RAM @ 1066MHz, WD CAViar 500GB, NZXT Tempest Case, FSP Group FX600-GLN 600watt PSU, Radeon HD 4850 graphics card, Cooler Master Hyper TX2 CPU cooler. Down the track i hope to install another Radeon HD4850 and another caviar hard drive but can'y at the moment due to budget constraints. Any comments are appreciated
11 answers Last reply
More about build advice confirmation
  1. The Mobo you picked is NVidia based. You will not be able to do two 4850 GPU's with it.

With your current MOBO you are limited to...
    -NVidia based GPU's single card OR two cards in SLI
    -one ATI based GPU

If you are looking to do two 4850 GPU (Crossfire), you will need a Crossfire capable board. I would suggest an x38 or x48 based chipset.
  2. I would go for a c2d E8400 and why would you get a SLI mobo for crossfire.
  3. sorry bout that i didn't know that was how motherboards worked. Can you suggest any crossfire boards that are under $200?
  4. Check out the X38 or X48 - just select the options you are looking for in newegg's "power search"

You should be able to find a crossfire board for under $200 - easy.
  5. thanks for your help
  6. Up-grade your PSU to 700W or you'll be to tight to Cross Fire.
  7. what does everyone think of the gigabyte DS4 to run two 4850's?
  8. which ds4 are you looking at?
  9. an x48 based gigabyte mobo. that's all it says on the description
  10. Can anyone point out any problems with my list of specifications. The build includes A 700 watt PSU, NZXT Tempest case, GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX mobo, Q6600 with G0 stepping CPU, WD SE16 caviar 500GB, 4GB of corsair dominator RAM @ 1066MHz as well as the above HD 4850.

If you notice or have heard of any compatabilty issues or have a different hardware suggestion could you plz post your thoughts here

Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems