I'm getting the blue screen of death after a memory installation.?

watsss

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
I just increased the memory on my PC from 3GB to 8GB (I only have a 32 bit version of Vista that I'm going to upgrade to a 64 bit later on) and after the installation i restarted my PC and it worked fine but randomly I get the blue screen of death and my PC restarts automatically back into windows and then ill get the blue screen of death again randomly and my PC restarts automatically back into windows again and this randomly keeps happening and its getting really frustrating. I know i installed the memory properly because if i didn't i don't think it will boot into windows properly. Can someone please help me?

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
Barring a faulty stick or slot, just try running it with 4gb, 32-bit Vista can't do anything with the rest and just hold onto it till you go 64-bit. Haven't experienced it personally but wouldn't surprise me if the OS could have an issue with there being too much ram.

watsss

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
hey i tried out that memtest software but it takes for ever to finish. I started to run the software before i went to sleep and when i woke up it was still running so i stoped it. Is it supposed to take that long and when its done what will the software tell me?........................I am trying to find a 64bit vista to install to see if that solves the problem.................any more advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you