Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello Newsgroup,

I need to boot my pc with the original ghost2003 CD to restore an
image, all drivers are loaded successfully. but what's the command I have to
enter after
DR-DOS A:\>

I do not have a floppy drive, so I have to use the ghost cd, which is
bootable.

So, my question is: After booting into DOS with the Ghost CD, what command
do I have to enter
after:
DR-DOS A:\>

Thanks a lot.
Jason

Nigel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello Jason.

Jason i you have the bootable ghost 2003 disk , I dont know about there but
here you boot the disk then switch to d:

this is done by typing d:\

Now this brings you to d: im not sure if this is the actual cd or a mem
drive I expect its the cd.

You next type cd support
this brings you to path d:\support
next type ghost
or type cd ghost
ghost
maybe the full path is d:\support\ghost

In any case you booted from the ghost 2003 cd this has ghost on it use the
commands to find the folder which holds the ghost.exe

You then need to with in ghost which I expect you are all ready good at ,
you need to browse (to load a image to restore a disk) to DISK FROM IMAGE,
broswe to your cd drive wip/take out the ghost cd and put your image cd's,
you might more than one no?

Post back this kind of thing is not to hard I think the problem really is
you are young dude and never learnt any dos commands, navigating the command
prompt is standard you only need to know like what five commands to do quite
a bit.

GOOD LUCK

"Jason Storck" wrote:

> Hello Newsgroup,
>

> I need to boot my pc with the original ghost2003 CD to restore an
> image, all drivers are loaded successfully. but what's the command I have to
> enter after
> DR-DOS A:\>
>
> I do not have a floppy drive, so I have to use the ghost cd, which is
> bootable.
>

> So, my question is: After booting into DOS with the Ghost CD, what command
> do I have to enter
> after:
> DR-DOS A:\>
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Jason

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

When it boots, there should be a CD drive location given. Switch to
that and type dir. I think it is ghostpe.exe, but I don't remember for
sure and I am running Linux right now.

Clark

Jason Storck wrote:
> Hello Newsgroup,
>

> I need to boot my pc with the original ghost2003 CD to restore an
> image, all drivers are loaded successfully. but what's the command I have to
> enter after
> DR-DOS A:\>
>
> I do not have a floppy drive, so I have to use the ghost cd, which is
> bootable.
>

> So, my question is: After booting into DOS with the Ghost CD, what command
> do I have to enter
> after:
> DR-DOS A:\>
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Jason

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

When it boots, there should be a CD drive location given. Switch to
that and type dir. I think it is ghost.exe, but I don't remember for

Jason Storck wrote:
> Hello Newsgroup,
>

> I need to boot my pc with the original ghost2003 CD to restore an
> image, all drivers are loaded successfully. but what's the command I have to
> enter after
> DR-DOS A:\>
>
> I do not have a floppy drive, so I have to use the ghost cd, which is
> bootable.
>

> So, my question is: After booting into DOS with the Ghost CD, what command
> do I have to enter
> after:
> DR-DOS A:\>
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Jason

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Lots of Ghost 2003 experts at Symantec. For example:

"How to restore an image from a CD or DVD disc"
http://tinyurl.com/3wlk2

and lots of other informative articles. Also on-line chat with Symantec
techs.

P.S. I think you left out a few newsgroups.
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

From: "Jason Storck" <jacesto66@internet.lu>

| Hello Newsgroup,
|
| I need to boot my pc with the original ghost2003 CD to restore an
| image, all drivers are loaded successfully. but what's the command I have to
| enter after
| DR-DOS A:\>
|
| I do not have a floppy drive, so I have to use the ghost cd, which is
| bootable.
|
| So, my question is: After booting into DOS with the Ghost CD, what command
| do I have to enter
| after:
| DR-DOS A:\>
|
| Thanks a lot.
| Jason

You should get a USB Floppy Drive. Makes use of Ghost much easier.

I also suggest asking for Ghost "expert help" in a Symantec News Group such as...
symantec.customerservice.general

Since it is not a Microsoft product nor part of WinXP.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

thanks to everybody, special thanks to nigel.

you're right Nigel, it is pretty simple when you know the commands. Thanks
again!
btw, what are the other commands in DOS?

Jason

> this is done by typing d:\
> You next type cd support
> this brings you to path d:\support
> next type ghost

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

if you do a google search for "DOS commands" you will get a list of them.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

> thanks to everybody, special thanks to nigel.
>
> you're right Nigel, it is pretty simple when you know the commands. Thanks
> again!
> btw, what are the other commands in DOS?
>
> Jason
>

>> this is done by typing d:\
>> You next type cd support
>> this brings you to path d:\support
>> next type ghost

frodo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

google for the "Radified Guide Ghost"

Their guides are excellent, this one is one of the best I've seen for
Ghost.