please someone help me with this!!!!!!!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2008 11:30:10 AM

I bought a new video card a Sapphire Radeon X1650 PRO. I know how to install a video card, but i don't know what to do with this thick black yellow cable and also I don't know what to do with the adaptor, because I see that it can fit into the graphic card but I don't think that's neccesary and also I got already an adaptor connected to my monitor, but is that the same? Oh and about the yellow black cabe, Í'm not talking about the cable you need to connect to your hard drive and power supply. Also I got a CD do I stll need to download a upgrade from the website and can a 8x graphic card run on a 4x slot? because on the package it says 8x, but I searched about it on the internet and there several links that say (my graphic card) 2x/4x/8x/16x and some 4x/8x http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=Sapphire+Radeon+X16.... My last question is that wich links do i have to download to upgrade my driver on the ATI website because there more of em.

sorry for my bad english!

More about : question

a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2008 12:58:35 PM

Pardon me for be a little sarcastic here, but apparently you DON"T know how to install a video card. If you did, you would not be asking all these really basic questions that are pretty much covered in the "Installation Guide" that comes with your new video card. It will be a piece of paper all folded up, or in a booklet form that comes in the box of your new video card that says "Installation Guide" (or something similar) right on the first page or cover sheet.

If the cables hook up to the card and monitor fine, then put the adapter and cable back into the box and forget about them.
Yes, the card should work fine in your slot.
All you need to do is go to amd.com or ati.com and download the latest Catalyst Driver set. It includes the drivers for ALL ATI cards, and the detection is automatic. When you run program it will do all the rest for you.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2008 1:01:48 PM

Thx for your answer, but one last question: Do I need to unninstall my driver first, because I saw it in a guide where it says that you need to unninstall your graphic card before changing it.
a c 1415 U Graphics card
July 26, 2008 1:16:47 PM

It is good practice to uninstall your old GPU drivers before installing a new one it is recommended to run a driver cleaner to get rid of all fragments, it can be downloaded from " http://www.guru3d.com/ " look under downloads.
!