Monitor w/ Built-in TV Tuner

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Well, have you looked through the manual that came in the box?

I doubt that you can do it because it seems it only has imputs and no outputs (except for sound). But if it is capable, it will probably list it in the manual. If you find out it does have video output, we might be able to help you out more but it would most likely require additional equipment

The built in tuner is only for the screen to act as a TV, if you want to use media center(record tv) you will need a TV capture card. Make sure the capture card is compatible with your version of Vista(some WinTV cards only work with up to 4 gigs of ram on Vista64 making the point of Vista64 pointless)

You will also need a MCE remote(or more so the IR blaster that comes with it) so the computer can control the DTV Box.

For Example.

I have an old Athlon 64 3200+ With MCE and a WinTV PVR 250 + IR Blaster. This allows me to record TV with the computer(i only do it when i sleep or am out since i have to watch what is recording[one box only], unless its something i want to keep, then i watch and record). If you want to keep recorded TV long term you will need to compress the files to save of space. I hour and 6 min(3 min before and after the show) takes 3.3 gigs of space with the highest quality setting(and that is just SD TV not HD). When compressed with DivX(DivX Author is on sale!!! hint hint) the videos are about 350MB once the commercials are removed. You can go smaller, i just find it does not look as good.

TRENDING THREADS