My PC Crashed and it won't turn on again. Please HELP

G

Hi Guys, I've git a problem.
I build a new PC couple of days ago and I'm running windows XP prof.
I was using it today and it crashed, got frozen out of nowhere. I had to reboot it but it won't turn on.
PSU is fine, it turns on. CPU fan is fine, it turns on. HDDs and DVD rom turns on and spin. MOBOs green light is on. Graphic card fan is on. BUT NOTHING shows up on the monitor. I'm not even getting any BIOS beeps.
I don't know what's going on. I tried to reset the bios taking off the battery but it still the same.
ANY ideas please??????? HELP.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Sounds like either the CPU died, or something on the MB died.

I had something similar happen. My system locked up, so rebooted, and no POST screen but yet the system fans were on.

Turns out the NB cooler I replaced cracked the NV 650i chip.

Might help if you list your spec's of your system.

G

I have an ASUS P5K SE/EPU
Intel core 2 quad
PSU 450 wats
Geforce graphic card, Nvidia.
I tried to remove the battery and short the cmos jumper and still didnt work. I have also tried to use another motherboard (its the same type of the motherboard though), and still the same.

G

I bought this intel core 2 quad and i also have 2x 1gb crucial ddr2 of ram.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
The only last thing to try is a working CPU. You said you had another MB, did it have a CPU you could test with your current MB that the Q6600 doesn't work on? That would help determine if the other MB has problems.

Running out of advice at this point.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Well if your 450 watt PSU is generic or came with the case and you got a 8800gt or better Geforce Nvidia. Your PSU **** the bed. When a PSU goes bad it can still power on fans most of the time.

CPUs dont go bad running stock.

You tried a different mobo.

Be specific with your parts.

A quad dont tell us nothing.

A geforece Nvidia GPU, doesn't tell us nothing.

I say get your PSU tested ASAP.

How many Amps does the PSU have on the +12v rail and what GPU do you have exactly?

^I would agree with roadrunner. Seems like your power supply is not hefty enough to run that stuff. You can try to unplug a few fans and the HDDs to see if you can get it to post.

If you do unplug some stuff and it does post that means your PSU is too weak.